Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Trinity VS Triton

Gotenks

Hi, I'm a trinity user and I heard a lot of people saying that triton is not an improvement becouse of the bad quality of the filters...

Somebody said that Triton is only a Trinity with a sampler and 62 notes of polyphony, others that it's a real real improvement...

I've heard a Karma with the same system (HI) of triton and I noticed that the sounds are less brilliant and clear than trinity...

What do you think about??? Is it possible that korg has created a keyboard less good than Trinity?

Thanx

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't own either keyboard but I've played them many times in the stores. I think they both sound really similar, and any differences in sound are subtle.

If someone would send me a couple of them, I promise to spend the next few years evaluating them and give you a full report. http://www.musicplayer.com/ubb/smile.gif

I've played both machines for quite some time. The Triton has many improvements over the Trinity (sampler, faster screen, dual arpeggiators, realtime control knobs, 62 note poly). I think as far as overall sound quality goes, both machines are equal. Many of the programs and combis sound extremely similar across both, but have been redone and renamed for the Triton. And I wouldn't say the Trinity has better filters, just MORE filter options than the Triton.

I own a trinity prox, and have played with the triton, not enough there to make me sell and switch..the only thing I really noticed is that the triton had a better hammond sound, but all I did was go home and fatten mine up and they sounded the same...

so with a limited time on the triton, I didnt notice anything that made me want to go out and replace my trinity

A expanded trinity with flash rom/scsi option is basically a triton. Less polyphony but more insert and master effects. Whatever floats your boat. Personally, I think the trinity has classier sounds. I have had a v3 for three years and haven't had the urge purchase a triton or karma. Korg definitly has a certain "sound" and one or the other of these keyboards will definitly do - of course depending on your needs.

Is it just me, or did the Trinity not have any realtime knobs on it? After reading the posts about how similar the Triton/Trinity are, I thought the Trinity would be a great bargain..but what about the knobs?
"Bach is ever new"-Glenn Gould

It's hard to compare the Triton to the Trinity because the Triton is not simply an updated Trinity. These two synths sound completely different, and while they look similar, they are also quite different under the hood.

There are still plenty of Trinity's in use in the field, especially in R&B circles. A lot of Trinity users have avoided Triton, thinking it was out to get them or something. But Triton has some significant advantages, from the knobs to the improved sample quality to the optimized Touchscreen interface, featuring a lot of refinements over the Trinity's design.

Triton is the best selling synth on the market, and one of the most powerful workstations ever. But Trinity lives on and it's worth keeping.

-Steve

Archived