Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

e-mu virtuoso

g05

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by g05:

i have a simple question. which sounds better the e-mu virtuoso or the roland sr-jv80 orchestral expansion cards for the jv-1080, jv-2080, etc?

The Roland Orchestral expansion is very nice, but it's only 8 MB and a bit long in the tooth. The Virtuoso is 64 MB, and pretty new. I have never A/B'd the two, but the specs certainly lean pretty heavily in the direction of the Virtuoso, if you ask me.

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

The Virtuoso is the choice. Newer and mapped like a real orchestra (in the natural ranges of specific instruments).

Would go for Proteus 2000 with the 'Orchestral Sessions- Vols 1 + 2' expansion cards. (sounds of the Virtuoso)

I see they have this Peter Siedlaczek Advanced Orchestra Sound Rom at Emu's for any P 2K module (... Virtuoso, Mo'Phatt, XL-1, Planet Earth, etc...)

The Peter Siedlaczek 32 MB expansion ROM offers you some of the finest orchestral samples ever recorded from one of Europe's most respected sound designers. This spectacular collection brings together the finest string, brass, wind and percussion ensembles of Siedlaczek's legendary Advanced Orchestra library, performed in a variety of styles (i.e. vibrato, tremolo, pizzicato, con sordino, etc.)......from Emu.com

you guys might have me sold on buying a virtuoso. i do like hearing second opinions before racing out and getting new equipment. anyone have any experience with the new roland symphonique strings expansion board for the xv series. i know everyone loves the concert piano board.

I was all set to buy virtuoso without hearing it because of my immediate need for orchestral sounds, and then I heard the demo. Boy does it suck. Some people from the P2000 forums though did say that its just the demos, and the unit sounds way better. It's just the demos were so "sequenced". In any case, I'll be taking a closer look at it when I get the chance, but probably the rom versions.

Raul

Raul

Archived