Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

what to do with a Prophet-600

midispaceho

I recently bought a barely used Prophet 600 for 100 bucks at a garage sale. I am overall unimpressed with the sound. It has static problems with the knobs and keys. I need to know how to clean it. I also do not have a manual. Is a reprint available? I am not even sure if the presets are intack, because many sound exactly the same, and many sound quite horrible. I would like to clean this bad boy up and use it, but don't quite have the knowledge or experiance. Any suggestions?
Heeeeeere kitty kitty kitty

• 3 weeks later...

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I used to own a P-600. One of the very first if not the first midi synths to hit the market. Bought it new and I'm kinda sorry I had to sell it.

If you can get that cleaned up and working properly, you have a nice board at your fingertips! Can produce very fat analog sounds and the cool thing about the presets (although some of the factory sets do suck) is that you can start with a preset sound, change the shit out of it until it sounds good without ever losing the original preset....just switch to another preset then back to the one you were working on first and it's back to it's original sound...just don't forget to save your changed version before you do that! One drawback is that it's not touch sensitive, and you will find it does not duplicate real instrument sounds very well, but if it's synth sounds you're into, you can literally create to your hearts content! You might try looking for a manual at www.synthzone.com which is a very resourceful site for sounds, manuals, etc...I sold my p-600 for $500, so you did get a good deal on yours provided it works.

Archived