Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

NAMM show - Nashville

anthonyraider

Hey guys - any advice on new gear? We're going to nashville this weekend to look at all the new equipment. What are the basic tools to look at to begin a studio setup? (you'd think I'd read all those issues of Keyboard...but it's all beyond me technically at this stage) We have a super PC, lots of memory and ram, sound cards, midi connections, a midi keyboard, no synths, no analogs, no special software, but lots of different amps and guitars..Any one willing to head us off to nursery school? Thanks

------------------

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi !

All the PRO's in these forums have been very clear that one of the most important parts in a studio are the MONITORS, so better check them before anything.

Then, going backwards, it comes the mixer (I have none, I do use the computer and only virtual tracks), then the Audio/Midi Interfase and then, the software... if you do use PC you will not be able to use Digital performer (the most pro's choice) but you could check CAKEWALK SONAR, CUBASE and EMAGIC LOGIC for Midi/Audio sequencing and editing with all available plug ins (soft synths and audio processors).

Oh yes... did I mention MIC's ?

If you are gonna be software oriented, that's it... if not, then you will need some EQ, Mic Preamps and Compressor/Limiter/Finalizers...

AFTER that, start looking for a hardware synth / sampler... etc...

A big wishes list http://www.musicplayer.com/ubb/wink.gif

------------------

Gustavo G Lozada

Moderador de:

MusicPlayer.com/NuestroForo

"La voz en Español en Música y Tecnología"

GusTraX @yahoo.com

Músico, Productor, Ingeniero, Tecnólogo

Senior Product Manager, América Latina y Caribe - PreSonus

at Fender Musical Instruments Company

Instagram: guslozada

Facebook: Lozada - Música y Tecnología