Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

SAMPLES IN THE INTERNET

Dr Teeth

I need to get some samples of drum elements and some noises like door closing, water falling and so... I was looking in the net and I found a lot of free(I need all and only free) samples. There are my questions:

1. If I download a sample of a site that does not specify about copyright what happend?

2. If some guy made a sample of a copyrighted movie film soundtrack(like the intro of 21th century fox) but this guy offer this sample free on the internet. Does it keep the original copyright?

3. Do you know some site that offer free noises like I told up here?

The samples would be used in radio jingles, and maybe in a commercial recording

Rebuilding My Self

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would be very leary of using any samples from the net that do not state they are free to use from the original person or organization that made them.

If you run accross a sample that is obviously taken from a movie, song, tv show etc. do NOT use them. They are copyrighted and you can be sued for using them without permision. A lot of the sites on the net that offer wave sounds from movies, cartoon etc. have been forced to shut down due to this.

I'm sure someone else will be able to tell you more but be very careful using samples off the net for your projects, especially those that you plan to release and profit from.

Phil.

• 4 months later...

I agree - use of copyrighted samples is risky - and if you post an mp3 to somewhere like mp3.com, they will reject the song anyway if they think the samples are illegal.

I have been hoping to buy a box set of SFX from Hollywood Edge but just can't bring myself to spend the huge amount of money required :eek:

Archived