Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Starting trouble

Dave Bryce

Originally posted by Cydonia:

Originally posted by Jazzwee:

Hey Cydonia, you're the first one to comment! That's me in a nutshell. After I play for my family, they ask, "Can you play some real music now?" ;)

Yep, I remember when DirtyRubberDuck said that. I guess there's some truth in what he wrote. ;)
Doesn't bother me Cydonia. ;) I'd play for myself if necessary. I'm sure classical music isn't that different either. Don't your friends ask you to play pop music?

But I'm in L.A. in there are people filling the jazz concerts so can't be too bad.

Hamburg Steinway O, Crumar Mojo, Nord Electro 4 HP 73, EV ZXA1

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm sure classical music isn't that different either. Don't your friends ask you to play pop music?

Yep, for some reason, the Dancing Queen intro always draws more attention than anything by Skriabin or Prokofiev. I'm still trying to figure out why. :)

Oh well, as long as nobody asks me to play the dreadful Colour My World. I'll Hara-Kiri myself before that happens. :freak:

This is the first time I have read this thread. Joe's post is a virtual encyclopedia for flaming. Definitely a treasure trove of reference material. A standard for which all flaming will be judged and compared. :freak:;)

Originally posted by Cydonia:

I'm sure classical music isn't that different either. Don't your friends ask you to play pop music?

Yep, for some reason, the Dancing Queen intro always draws more attention than anything by Skriabin or Prokofiev. I'm still trying to figure out why. :)

Oh well, as long as nobody asks me to play the dreadful Colour My World. I'll Hara-Kiri myself before that happens. :freak:

I'm expected to play YMCA :D

Hamburg Steinway O, Crumar Mojo, Nord Electro 4 HP 73, EV ZXA1

To wander off topic a little ....

Did you know that Beethoven absolutely abhored the Neapoliton six chord?

They were surreptitously inserted by his publisher. BTW that's why he went deaf - his publisher gave him a special untraceable poison, from a tribe of amazonian indians, that causes deafness. He did not want Beethoven to hear what he had done to his music.

Originally posted by garrafon:

I do recall being reprimanded once for a clearly faux flaming aimed at stopping flaming.

:D I recall, too! Don't you worry, I caught the full cleansing effect.
"........! Try to make It..REAL! compared to what? ! ! ! " - BOPBEEPER

Originally posted by rsaboiasilva@hotmail.com:

Ever seen groupies drool over keyboard players?

As a matter of fact, yes!

The young fellow who taught me to play slide guitar and a bit of keyboard is principally a keyboard player. The women think he's the stuff! I went to hear him and his band one night in a local club, and was highly amused to hear several drunken women at the next table, including one obviously lesbian couple, all animatedly discussing with great enthusiasm (and in considerable detail) how they'd share him.

:D

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

• 3 years later...

Archived