Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Musical Assault

I just got back from the grocery store. As I was loading my groceries a home boy drives up in his van with all the windows open blasting a rap song. [b]"Good head, gimme head, gimme head, till I'm dead"[/b] repeat ad naseum. You know I'm not a prude, but I think that's just low class to make people who don't want to, listen to that. I felt like looking at the guy and saying "Turn that crap down." I'm sure there were some parents in the parking lot who now have to explain to their 3 year old what head is. I also hate it when you're at a campground out in the woods and someone has to inflict their choice in music on everyone around them. What do you think of musical assault? I think it's very rude.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Definitely. I think a lot of folks do it because they think it makes 'em look cool. Wow...impress your friends. The same idea basically that makes some folks get so drunk or stoned or both that they can't function, and proceed to barf all over the place...as if to say "Look how cool I am, I'm SO fucked up"...and you're thinking, "Yeah, fucked up is right."
"Cisco Kid, was a friend of mine"

If its too loud, your too old! ;) But in a campground is just plain wrong. Thats where you go to get away from all that. When I go camping I usually dont even bring any music. Maybe a guitar, but thats different. The first time I ever saw bluegrass music performed was camping. Juts four old dudes sitting around a campfire shredding. I'll never forget that!

"Meat is the only thing you need beside beer! Big hunks of meat and BEER!!...Lots of freakin' BEER."

"Hey, I'm not Jesus Christ, I can't turn water into wine. The best I can do is turn beer into urine." Zakk Wylde

http://www.hepcnet.net/bbssmilies/super.gif

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/15_1_109.gif

I must agree. I like my music loud, but not that loud. I hate subwoofers in cars (I only have the 2 6+1/2's in the back that work...the 2 4's in the front are wasted.) I go camping to get away from that, though whilst you're hiking along sometimes its fun to sing a song everyone knows and loves. It takes your mind off the hurtin your legs are having. I think that all that crap that people think is cool should be thrown into a mammoth sized burnpile and torched. That's mine own opinion, though.

...boom-boom, cack, boom-ba-boom, cack... boom-boom, cack, boom-ba-boom, cack... BOOM-BOOM, CACK, BOOM-BA-BOOM, CACK...BOOM-BOOM, CACK, BOOM-BA-BOOM, CACK... [b]BOOM-BOOM, CACK, BOOM-BA-BOOM, CACK...BOOM-BOOM, CACK, BOOM-BA-BOOM, CACK...[/b] BOOM-BOOM, CACK, BOOM-BA-BOOM, CACK...BOOM-BOOM, CACK, BOOM-BA-BOOM, CACK... ...boom-boom, cack, boom-ba-boom, cack... boom-boom, cack, boom-ba-boom, cack... ...Sorry, Wewus, that was [i]me[/i]. Sometimes I listen to some [i]straight gahbage.[/i] :freak:

[quote]Originally posted by TheWewus: [b]I just got back from the grocery store. As I was loading my groceries a home boy drives up in his van with all the windows open blasting a rap song. [b]"Good head, gimme head, gimme head, till I'm dead"[/b] repeat ad naseum. You know I'm not a prude, but I think that's just low class to make people who don't want to, listen to that. I felt like looking at the guy and saying "Turn that crap down." I'm sure there were some parents in the parking lot who now have to explain to their 3 year old what head is. I also hate it when you're at a campground out in the woods and someone has to inflict their choice in music on everyone around them. What do you think of musical assault? I think it's very rude.[/b][/quote]It`s about Jack O` lanterns, of course. Halloween`s comin. Lots of people are gonna have head right on their front steps...

Noise pollution sucks. All over campus, frat boys love to show off their amped 15" subs with custom built boxes. I'm sure they are over compensating for very small penises. It's not always bad though. Didn't the marines blast guns'n'roses 24/7 in some kind of hostage or embassy situation a while bakc?

At the beach this summer I was noticing that the musical assault was absolutely absent. Im not sure if there was an ordinance passed or not - but anyone listening had earphones of some sort on. This was really nice - However, I must admit I do miss those moments when the whole beach is full of boom boxes tuned to the same station playing Stairway or Layla or something and the entire place Rocks.

Check out some tunes here:

http://www.garageband.com/artist/KenFava

I have no problem with people playing "thier" music at loud volumes at reasonable hours, in reasonable areas. A guy driving down South Street on a Saturday night shaking the windows is fine. It's the time and place to do it. But if there is profanity, and there is the possibility that young children are in earshot, then it's not appropriate. That brings me to subs/kickers. They are just silly, and make the music should like shit because most of these ya-yas don't know how to eq. It's all MORE BASS, MORE BASS! Even a great sub or kicker sound like do do if the bass on the eq is turned AL THE WAY UP. They distort like crazy, and cannot be good for anyones hear especially in the car. Even in a genre like "bass n drum", too much bass on the eq obscures what is being played so that it just sonds like noise. The places that sell these things should give lessons in proper eq.
I really don't know what to put here.

SpookySlyver said: [quote] That brings me to subs/kickers. They are just silly, and make the music should like shit because most of these ya-yas don't know how to eq. It's all MORE BASS, MORE BASS! Even a great sub or kicker sound like do do if the bass on the eq is turned AL THE WAY UP. They distort like crazy, and cannot be good for anyones hear especially in the car. Even in a genre like "bass n drum", too much bass on the eq obscures what is being played so that it just sonds like noise. The places that sell these things should give lessons in proper eq. [/quote]It all depends on who installs it. My old roommate used to do custom installs for high-end clients. With the right combination of components, some good cross-overs to split the frequencies, and a lot of Dynamatt, you can get a system with enough bass that'll blow the top off of a nearby garbage can (literally) and still sound pristine inside the cabin... and very loud! I'm sure all of his clients also had very small penises as well. :D

I especially like the cats that have not only the speakers [i]but the body of the car[/i] mechanically rattling. But it's not just rap-aholics; heaving metaliers get those ultrasonic guitar screamers going. Re: the "Gimme Head" line, I'd suggest playing it off as a Halloween horror flick concept!

Archived