Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

What at AES did you like...Post partum?

Lot's of cool folks came by to see us...Paul du Gre', Al Shmitt, Elliot Scheiner with his pals, Phil Ramone and Frank Fillepitti Sjoerd Koppert, Shayne Cayo etc...All wishing to try or are using the products... Ronnie North was playing in our booth which was a trip...I kept teasing him about playing the same six songs over and over....(Backing tracks on CD from his band's set)He is certainly a gifted from the heart player... M-Audio had a big boy booth... There were as many folks at Nuendo, Roland and Sonar as Digi(the Euphonics with Nuendo was very cool) Jim Latimer at Lucid's booth... had a no toke bar on Sunday...that was classy... TK was back at Kurzweil (he put them on the map on the west coast back in the day) Tons of gear indeed... The TEC awards gave Geoff Emerick a lifetime acheivment award, and Elliot was honered to present it..he beagn his craft and crave after hearing Sgt. Pepper etc...quite a moment. Robbie Robertson was given the Lester Pablo award and coolest was getting a real Les Paul flame top double humbucker as a prize... I don't get how Mackie won over ADAM however, for monitors...something a bit odd there, those speakers are matched in the low mids and upper bass to the pre's in their boards which are OK...but hey IMO...IMO... Feet hurt but it was cool having the show in LA. Cheers, Rob

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I thought Plugzilla was really cool. Pricey, but they did a very complete job. Also JL Cooper's teenytiny control surface. It looks like a joke but is much easier to operate than I expected. The new Line 6 POD sounded very clean. I think they took the guts from Vetta and put it in there. Wave Arts had a booth with their TrackPlug plug-in. Cool or what? The new GRM plugs for Pro Tools almost made me want to go get Pro Tools... Lots of cool stuff, actually!

[quote]Originally posted by RM: [b]Ronnie North was playing in our booth which was a trip...I kept teasing him about playing the same six songs over and over....(Backing tracks on CD from his band's set)He is certainly a gifted from the heart player...[/b][/quote]Ronnie and I are playing golf on Saturday morning. Whenever we play, we try to not talk about audio as much as possible (though talking about music is okay). He's a good guy. - Jeff

Archived