Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Help! Trouble with B-4 in DP2.72

I'm having trouble getting NI B-4 to work in Digital Performer 2.72. I have it working as a stand alone. It successfully shows up in a midi track in DP, both record & play, but that's all it does. It does not show up in Midi Monitor or in Plug Ins Menu. I'm using FreeMidi & I have InterApplication turned on in the Preferences. The B-4 Plugin is in the Motu folder in the System Folder. If I start B-4 before DP & the audio is set for DP Audio System, I do get an error telling me to start DP first, so it is looking for DP. Everything looks correct except for the Midi Monitor. Any ideas???

Steve

www.seagullphotodesign.com

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm using B4 with DP2.7 - so I know it's possible.

It shows up in the MIDI instruments window and the Audio input window. It doesn't show up in the plug ins window though. That's for VST. I open DP 1st, then B4. When you are just playing/recording MIDI, then the audio port settings within B4 should be set to soundmanager. If you want to record those MIDI tracks to audio tracks (to apply plug ins, or whatever) then you have to change the audio port settings in B4 to MAS. Then in DP, set up a stereo track for recording, set the inputs as B4, and record. You won't here the B4 track when recording, but you will on playback.

Originally posted by ABECK:

You won't here the B4 track when recording, but you will on playback.

You can stay in MAS and hear B4 when playing or recording by adding an aux track with B4 as the input.

Originally posted by bg:

You can stay in MAS and hear B4 when playing or recording by adding an aux track with B4 as the input.

I just discovered that. Any other tricks? As I come across them - I'll post them!!

Steve

www.seagullphotodesign.com

Originally posted by b_3guy:

[/b]

Any other tricks?[/b]

Control B4 with your existing MIDI hardware (e.g. sustain pedal, sliders, switches, etc.) by remapping these controllers with a DP console.

Archived