Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Know Your Music?

A music company in Los Angeles is looking for a few good ears in the following cities to report on up and coming, unsigned artists. If you have a broad knowledge of your local music scene and are interested in discovering new music please email us at A&R.Program@wbr.com.

Phoenix,AZ

Tucson,AZ

Atlanta,GA

Tampa/St Petersburg,FL

Lawrence,KS

Topeka,KS

Little Rock,AR

Charlotte,NC

Nashville,TN

Memphis,TN

Detroit,MI

Minneapolis,MN

Milwaukee,WI

Chicago,IL

Cincinatti,OH

Indianapolis,IN

Kansas City,MO

St. Louis,MO

Boston,MA

New York,NY

Philadelphia,PA

Pittsburgh,PA

Washington,DC

Newark,NJ

Baltimore,MD

San Francisco,CA

Seattle,WA

Portland,OR

Las Vegas, NV

Lincoln,Nebraska

Omaha,Nebraska

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Shhh dear, no need to cause a fuss, I'll have your spam, I love it! I'm having spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, baked beans and spam!"

Good ol' MP.. http://www.musicplayer.com/ubb/biggrin.gif

meh

In a Monty Python voice... SCAM, SCAM, SCAM, SCAM, SCAM, SCAM, SCAM, SCAM, SCAM...

With a nod to "Animal House"...

"Thank you sir, may I have another!"

guitplayer

------------------

http://www.mp3.com/acousticvoodoo

Guitar Forum CD Info

http://www.musicplayer.com/ubb/Forum19/HTML/000537.html

I'm still "guitplayer"!

Check out my music if you like...

http://www.michaelsaulnier.com

Hmmm, well, Curve and Guit...there's gotta be something to do to turn this around. Flood their mail room with polka bands...I dunno...this is too good an opportunity to have fun to pass up...
"Cisco Kid, was a friend of mine"

Maybe we should create a Music Player Spinal Tap knock off and send it to them, telling them that it's a real band. If they decided to sign us, we'd have a good laugh. We could put backstage Spam in the contract rider.

I'll take my dose of spam fried till a golden brown,

between two lighty toasted and buttered pieces of

bread with a nice thick slice of swiss cheese and

generous wad of mayonaise... please.

Spam

Yum Yum

It's what's for dinner kids... eat up!

------------------

William F. Turner

Songwriter

turnermusic

William F. Turner

Songwriter

turnersongs

Sometimes the truth is rude...

tough shit... get used to it.

...as they openly slammed the spam...each forum member quietly and quickly prepared a promo package to send to WB...just another foot in the door...

hahahaha......

Without spam, this forum might only be at 17K-18K posts...besides, it makes for some delicious fun and a break from all the serious and professional threads...

miroslav - miroslavmusic.com

"Just because it happened to you, it doesn't mean it's important."

Hi, This is Monika from WBR in Los Angeles. We are recruiting in those cities because we already have other cities covered. We are offering an opportunity for A&R reporters in those areas who are involved in their local music scenes. Anyone interested, send an email to A&R.program@wbr.com.

Thanks

Originally posted by musicfan318:

Hi, This is Monika from WBR in Los Angeles. We are recruiting in those cities because we already have other cities covered. We are offering an opportunity for A&R reporters in those areas who are involved in their local music scenes. Anyone interested, send an email to A&R.program@wbr.com.

Thanks

Why not Sacramento?.....yeah right, like any bands here in Sactown would have anything to do with the record company that brought us Faith Hill, pasha... Monika, do us all a favor, come back when you have a question that has to do with recording or live sound. Otherwise, leave us tekkies alone. I have enough spam to deal with on my email account, I don't want to have to deal with spam on these forums. I come here for one reason and one reason only - to give and recieve advice about recording and live sound.

Funk you very much,

-nt

This message has been edited by notape on 06-14-2001 at 04:06 PM

Originally posted by dansouth@yahoo.com:

Maybe we should create a Music Player Spinal Tap knock off and send it to them, telling them that it's a real band. If they decided to sign us, we'd have a good laugh. We could put backstage Spam in the contract rider.[/quote

Perhaps we could use as many of the dreaded cliches from the "Cliches of the new millennium" to record the tunes for SSSpinal Tap?

All that triteness ought to fit right in with the good folks at the dubya dubya dubya bee?

I'm not a "people" person, I'm a "thing" person.

Wow, you guys are harsh...doesn't seem that terrible to ask this crowd to help find some music. I mean, when was the last time a record company asked for your opinion on music? Maybe they're starting to figure out that perhaps there's something more to signing bands than demographics.

<>

Now that's an EXCELLENT idea!! I can hardly wait until we get Rocket Network happening, I'd be curious to see what us forum folk could put together. I imagine it would end up sounding like new age punk jazz, with some loops thrown in http://www.musicplayer.com/ubb/smile.gif

Craig - Online collaboration would be cool. I was wondering whether that was part of the MP plan.

If these Warner people had any sense, the would have checked out the site before posting spam. That way, they would have realized that all they have to do to find excellent new music is to go to the thread that features music from contributers. Since they were in too much of a hurry to check us out thoroughly, I don't see any harm in nudging them with a little well-meaning humor.

Besides, I'm a little unclear as to what they want. Am I supposed to send someone an email?

Maybe they thought posting here would be a good idea since everyone here knows better that them. especially when it comes to the "shitty music of today" (quote taken from to numerous of posts to list). Personally I don't care for it but with the way alot of you argue about what makes good music I would think you would be flattered. But I guess not. Maybe they should change these forums name to EQ's Bitch forums. What do you all think?

KBP

Archived