Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Tsunami Charity Scam Warnings Issued

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Ani:

Yahoo.... Article on Tsunami Scams

Things like this aren't going to help trying to get the word out on FOF... :cry:

Thx Ani for the link.

It really pisses me of no end that people have set up these websites and all they want to do is scam people! :mad:

I know its going to affect what we are doing and I dont know how to solve this one.

I think no matter what we say or put on the w/s, we will still be looked upon as scammers and I have asked a few named musos to endorse us via a write up and that may help a bit.

I dont knwo what we can do, bar just having a cnotribution directly toe the DEC and getting rid of our PP scheme but if we do that, we alienate people from outside of the UK aswell as have no idea as to how mcuh we have raised of our own backs.

Suggestions would be great though...

And i want to also reasurre people that the FOF account is also overlooked by Nursers and myself so we know exactly how much is coming to the last penny incase we are questioned about the site and our efforts.

All money collected will be sent to the DEC at the end of this week and I will supply the receipt and anything else people want to proove we have payed in so as to cover FOF back.

I AM DOCTOR MILTON NGOBE FROM NIGERIA. I AM NOT AFFILIATED WITH THE FACE OF FRIENDSHIP WEBSITE, HOWEVER, IF YOU WANT TO PUT 1 MILLION DOLLARS IN MY BANK ACCOUNT IN UGANDA, I WOULD APPRECIATE IT.

:D

"Cisco Kid, was a friend of mine"

Ahahahahahaha....

I tapped in to the link provided at the bottom of that page, after seeing it was written by an Associated Press staff writer, for the Better Business Bureau to see what they had to say about giving to reliable charitable organizations. I followed their lead up series of links to get to the final page where you could access their tips... or so I thought... and this is what I found. :rolleyes:

Better Business Bureau Wise Giving Alliance

They want you to donate $45 to find out why and who you shouldn't donate to....... sounds like a scam to me. :eek:

Support the Better Business Bureau Wise Giving Alliance

Help the BBB Wise Giving Alliance inform donors about sound giving, encourage honest solicitation and promote ethical conduct in charities. Your contribution will support the Alliances production of in-depth evaluations that report whether or not the most-asked-about national charities meet the 23 BBB charity accountability standards.

Donors who contribute $45 or more receive four issues of the quarterly BBB Wise Giving Guide, a magazine summarizing the Alliance's current charity evaluations and containing articles about accountability.

If you would like to donate online, please use the form below.

Information on Alliance finances and state government disclosures

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Donor Information (* Required Fields)

Salutation: Ms Mrs Mr Dr

First Name:*

Last Name:*

Company:

Title:

E-mail Address:*

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Payment Information (* Required Fields)

Amount of Donation:* $

Please enter amount in whole US dollars only.

A donation of $100.00 should be entered as 100.

(Contributors of $45 or more will receive four issues of the quarterly BBB Wise Giving Guide)

Name on Card:*

Card Type:* VISA MasterCard American Express Diners Club Discover JCB

Card Number:*

Please do not enter any spaces or non-numeric characters.

Expiration Date:* Month:* 01 - Jan 02 - Feb 03 - Mar 04 - Apr 05 - May 06 - Jun 07 - Jul 08 - Aug 09 - Sep 10 - Oct 11 - Nov 12 - Dec Year:* 2004 2005 2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011

Billing Address:*

City:* State:* Zip:*

Day Telephone:*

Opt In

Would you like to be added to our mailing list to learn more about the Alliance and its programs and services? *

Yes, I would like my name added to your mailing list.

No, I would not like my name added to your mailing list.

Privacy Policy

In compliance with our Privacy Policy, the Council of Better Business Bureaus will use the personal information you provide only for the purposes for which you have given permission.

I have read and understand the Privacy Policy.

For help or to report problems with this form, please contact payment_support@bbb.org

Home / Better Business Bureaus Homepage / About the BBB / Privacy Policy

Copyright 2002, BBB Wise Giving Alliance

4200 Wilson Blvd, Suite 800

Arlington, VA 22203

(703) 276-0100

Maybe I'm missing something here, but shouldn't warnings like this come free of charge?

You can take the man away from his music, but you can't take the music out of the man.

Books by Craig Anderton through Amazon

Sweetwater: Bruce Swedien\'s "Make Mine Music"

Now, now...just because they asked for support doesn't make them a scam. The BBB has a long history of being a reliable watchdog, and they state pretty plainly what you get for your $45:

Your contribution will support the Alliances production of in-depth evaluations that report whether or not the most-asked-about national charities meet the 23 BBB charity accountability standards.

Donors who contribute $45 or more receive four issues of the quarterly BBB Wise Giving Guide, a magazine summarizing the Alliance's current charity evaluations and containing articles about accountability.

But anyways - you don't have to give them money. Reports are here:

http://www.give.org/reports/index.asp

Archived