Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Why are they so Mean? OT

I have not been here long, but one of the things that I have noticed is that alot of the Ladies around these parts are M-E-A-N. Why is that? And before you can start it: NO I am not talking about ALL women in the forums. NO I don't dislike the ladies. NO NO NO. What I mean is I have been surfing through different threads, and in the last several posts in which I have noticed a long, biting, argument, there was usually a GIRL at the bottom of it? Was it coincidence?

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Haven't noticed that. Take Lee Flier, for example, probably the most prominent female on this board. She's not mean. Talkative, sometimes argumentative, but not mean at all. Plus, you can't REALLY tell whether the person is male or female by their on-screen name. Take me, for example...

[quote]Originally posted by John Brown: [b]one of the things that I have noticed is that alot of the Ladies around these parts are M-E-A-N. Why is that? [/b][/quote]Because they work for Vince McMahon? :idea:
"A Robot Playing Trumpet Blows"

[quote]Originally posted by John Brown: [b]I have not been here long, but one of the things that I have noticed is that alot of the Ladies around these parts are M-E-A-N. Why is that? And before you can start it: NO I am not talking about ALL women in the forums. NO I don't dislike the ladies. NO NO NO. What I mean is I have been surfing through different threads, and in the last several posts in which I have noticed a long, biting, argument, there was usually a GIRL at the bottom of it? Was it coincidence?[/b][/quote]I guess I don't see it. I think everybody here is in the very least civil and most folks are nice. Women included.

San Andreas,

The hope to save our nation by turning Las Vegas into a seaside community. ;)

[quote]Originally posted by TheWewus: [b]They all got mad the other day when I was doing my Andy Kaufman impression and challenged them to a wrastling match. Don't ever do that.[/b][/quote]Yeah,and he's from "Hollywood".Hey Wee,did you at least promise to marry them if they won the match?
"A Robot Playing Trumpet Blows"

In the heat of a debate or discussion, if you have your facts straight and have done your homework on the paticular subject, (this applies to men or women) you have earned the right to be a bit forceful if the other person is being ignorant, mis-informed close-minded d**khead, right? :)
In two days, it won't matter.

I don't know if I am one of these women that you consider "mean" or not, but I do wonder why it is that when the MEN get mean around here (which a lot of them do and have recently), you don't notice, but let a woman get mean and you have to point it out. No judgement intended either way, just an observation. But in general, I don't think most people here, of either sex, are mean, although definitely there's been some weirdness here the past few weeks from people you don't expect to see getting that weird.

Are you SURE you're talking about this forum? There's a few people here that are kinda mean, but none of them are female posters.

I must admit, I did get a full salvo of torpedoes from one of the women on this forum, that I thought was pretty much unprovoked. But it was just one incident. I certainly haven`t noticed a pattern to that effect. But I don`t do a lot of chatting with the women here anyway, so maybe it`s not my place to say. And yes, there`s no way of really knowing who`s who-at least by the usual chitchat.

[quote]Originally posted by Lee Flier: [QB]I don't know if I am one of these women that you consider "mean" or not, but I do wonder why it is that when the MEN get mean around here (which a lot of them do and have recently), you don't notice, but let a woman get mean and you have to point it out. QB][/quote]It's because it's taken for granted that males are mean!

[quote]Originally posted by Lee Flier: [QB]I don't know if I am one of these women that you consider "mean" or not, but I do wonder why it is that when the MEN get mean around here (which a lot of them do and have recently), you don't notice, but let a woman get mean and you have to point it out. [QB][/quote]Thank you Lee... 'nuff said... I wouldn't want to say anything more... unless I want to be thought of as "mean". :rolleyes: Valky

Valkyrie Sound:

http://www.vsoundinc.com

Now at TSUTAYA USA:

http://www.tsutayausa.com

[quote]Originally posted by Ken/Eleven Shadows: [b]Assertive? Mean? Sometimes, those things are mixed up when men are discussing women's attitudes.[/b][/quote]Ya, sometimes. But let`s not replace one set of stupid stereotypes with another. There is a difference, no matter which gender is doing it. Has the person aleady made their point, but they`re being insulting too? are they being insulting INSTEAD of making their point? The type of men who can`t or won`t distunguish between the two qualities are ignoramuses, or claculating assholes. I don`t have much time for either.

[quote]Originally posted by Ken/Eleven Shadows: [b]Assertive? Mean? Sometimes, those things are mixed up when men are discussing women's attitudes.[/b][/quote]Ya, sometimes. But let`s not replace one set of stupid stereotypes with another. There is a difference, no matter which gender is doing it. Has the person aleady made their point, but they`re being insulting too? are they being insulting INSTEAD of making their point? The type of men who can`t or won`t distunguish between the two qualities are ignoramuses, or calculating assholes. I don`t have much time for either.

JB, "[i]CRAZY[/i]" ?! :freak: :mad: ;) Wewus, I'd have to remove my shoes, stand in a hole, cover one eye & spreaqk gibbranish B4 I'd bee yore eekwall... :p Hope that wasn't too mean'n'crazy ! ;)

[quote]Originally posted by Lee Flier: [b] I do wonder why it is that when the MEN get mean around here (which a lot of them do and have recently), you don't notice, but let a woman get mean and you have to point it out.[/b][/quote]Geez...What a bitch!!!! :eek: :p :eek: ;) :eek: :freak: :D :D
So Many Drummers. So Little Time...

Archived