Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Mac OS for PC?

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not going to happen. 1. Apps would have to be rewritten(removing Altivec optimizations amongst other things) 2. Drivers Driver Drivers rewriting would be a nightmare. 3. The X86 ISA is on it's way out in lieu of IA64 and AMD's X86-64 bit. Why would Apple port to X86 at the end of it's life? 4. IBM has a Power4 based Desktop processor being announced in Oct that contains everything Apple needs to move forward with current Tech and apps. It's a no brainer. 5. OSX on Wintel would be crippled some way so that you couldn't install the OS on a PC. Apple doesn't have serial numbers so this would be tantamount to them cutting their own throats.

you can run mac os system 7.x.x on an old pc if you have the emulator software and the roms (found only inside a mac). have a search for "emaculator". there are a few others as well. nothing runs system 9.x or osX on a pc. its very slow, way more clumsy than running windows on a mac, and i wouldnt reccomend it at all. on ebay you can buy an obsolete mac for dirt cheap.

This may seem like a small gripe, but it would be great if there were something out there that just made windows os "look and feel" like mac os. My biggest problem is how windows splits the scrollbar arrows to the top and bottom of the window. I work on macs all day at work and I'm accustomed to both arrows being at the lower right hand corner of the window. I'm also used to the "shutter" like ability to minimize windows by double clicking on the window's top panel. Full blown mac os in a pc will never happen, but these ergonomic improvements seem do-able.

The new AMD processors are very similar to the G4-5 architecture. I think that soon Mac OS could technically run on AMD computers. Will they want it?

:) Features Are Not An Opinion. :)

(John Hope, 2003)

http://johnhope.blogspot.com/

Addresse:

UIPLPPICDSS

Ufficio Internazionale Per La Presa Per Il Culo Dei Sbruffoni Statunitensi

Att. Tua Sorella

Codice Mavapigliatelindomo

Pirla Chi Legge

Archived