Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Ultra Expensive Snares: worth it?

Allan Speers

here's my candidate for ultra-expensive:

a snare I've been drooling over for some time, finally looked up the price.

Brady solid shell snare- the shell is not steam-bent, it's hollowed out of a log and cured for 5 years...

only $4500! :eek:

A WOP BOP A LU BOP, A LOP BAM BOOM!

"There is nothing I regret so much as my good behavior. What demon possessed me that I behaved so well?" -Henry David Thoreau

• 4 weeks later...

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I see the new N&C that Lee was talking about is in this months Sam Ash book.

When I was at the N&C factory they showed me a limited edition snare they are making as a joint venture with Zildjian. They make it out of cymbal brass
They have it listed as Zildjian D4000 snare drum although they do name a partner of N&C in the description. List price......$1999.00 , but you can buy it now for $1499.00.

Looks pretty sweet, but a bit out of my range for a snare.

While on the subject, I have an R.O.C. 14X6.

I don't really know much about it other than this is one great sounding snare, the mech. for holding the strainer in place, extends past the rim on both sides so as the only thing touching the head is actually the snare strands, unlike my other snares that have the strands welded to the strainer and that usually causes buzzing.

Any way after doing some PMs on it, I realized that I'm gonna need some parts. Anyone else heard of this brand or possibly know where I can get parts for it? I'm headed to the web right now to do a search, but any heads up would be great. :D

Thanks

Tim

Archived