Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

What's the scoop on these Platinum cymbals I've just seen?

offramp

SO...I'm sitting in the 'office', doing a little 'recycling', thumbing through the latest GC 'catalogue', and I see that Zildjian has these Platinum sheet-cast cymbals out.

WTF?!?!

Someone....anyone....please?

I've upped my standards; now, up yours.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Platinum used to be a finish on regular A cymbals. I guess it's being resurrected as a lower line for Zildjian, or maybe they're going to try and make some serious sheet-bronze cymbals, for once.

"I had to have something, and it wasn't there. I couldn't go down the street and buy it, so I built it."

Les Paul

Well, now:

This is not the first Platinum for Zildjian. They had a Platinum line out in the mid-eighties.

Those cymbals as well were "silver" in color.

This new line is definately NOT being touted as a lower line. They are supposedly right up there with the "A's"

I remember the first time these came out, the cymbals were silver in color and the logos on the cymbals were in a deep blue.

Wow, that was a long time ago!

DJ

Well, their full name is ZXT Platinum. They are not top-end stuff. But they may still sound good. The price tag doesn't necessarily tell you that part.

"I had to have something, and it wasn't there. I couldn't go down the street and buy it, so I built it."

Les Paul

dendy, the more I re-read your post, the more I seem to recall that line of cymbals. wow. that WAS a long time ago.

thanks for reminding me just how long ago it was :freak:

The new line would certainly be stunning with the right finish on the right kit.

I'm heading over to GC later this morning. I may stop in the drum department and give them a whack.

This reminds me...and I'm gonna sidetrack my own thread a bit...was I the only person that seemed to have a tough time enjoying the tonal qualities of Paiste's "Colorsound" series?

I've upped my standards; now, up yours.

Archived