Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Summer NAMM Rumors/Leaks:List Em' Here!

Threshold

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I haven't heard anything either. I'm here in Nashville doing some recording though for three weeks, so I'm hoping to weasel a pass to get in. One of the mags I write for offered to let me in as "Karen."

Uh..... yeah. ;) I think I'll ask around a little more. :)

Just for the record.

I'm going to win both "hands" and "feet" competitions at the NAMM WFD.

No. Seriously, I expect to see better and more responsive VDRUMS there. I'll want to check out the NEW Drumometer. I also expect to see more Virtual Plugins of classic synths and drum machines.

Dan

http://teachmedrums.com

• 2 weeks later...

Gretch Catalina Birch

Mid-range birch kit. 6-ply, 100% birch shells. Toms are available in a variety of sizes and kits come with 18X22 or 16X20 inch sizes.

Roland RT-series triggers

I do quite a bit of triggering for live gigs and these RT triggers really stood out for me. They're easy to apply, seemed very sensitive in the demo, and look rock-solid. They seem to relieve the problems associated with stick-ons like Pintechs and the clunkiness of others, like DDrums.

Audio Technica AE2500 kick drum microphone

I've always loved AT mics. They're calling this new one the "ultimate kick drum microphone" in their literature. It is unique in that it's a dual-element design, combining a dynamic and a condenser element into a single mic, which is then split into two signals. In theory, you get the attack of a dynamic plus the sensitivity and roundness that is achieved with nice condenser mics.

Just for the record.

I was not blown away by anything at NAMM this time around.

It has really been a while since something really knocked my socks off.

I did like the new Leedy snare drums. Sam Bacco (along with the Gretsch Co.) has done a great job reproducing those classics. They also had a tremendous Leedy bass drum on display from back in the 40's. It was one of those huge 7 foot jobs that you used to see rolled around on the football field.

I was embarrased to even have ever been involved with the Slingerland company. Gibson had a graffitti set there that looked like a piece of a-hem ... shall we say fecal matter.

Premier was showing a much stronger presence these days.

Disappointing was the fact that DW did not show.

Sabian has ressurected the Camber line of cymbals, chimes and accessorie. I really dug the stacker accessories that they had. They were minimal mass and maximum possibilities. Great for adding more cymbals and less stands.

It was odd to see my old buddy Johnny Rabb as a Promark endorser! That was weird!

As I have always said, the faces never change in the industry ... only the companies with which you see those faces!

DJ

• 2 weeks later...

Archived