Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

anyone going to NAMM ?

techristian

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've got the RIGHT information now. Sorry about my misinformation from before.

Dan

This is Tamarah of WFD and Boo says hello and wanted you to know YOU are in WFD video Warped and Raw if you didn't already know. You are at the end because Detroit was last date. Here are answers to your questions.

1) Is there any ENTRY FEE? I want to try out for both hands and feet.

Dan, no entry fee for WFD but you have to get into NAMM Show. To get into NAMM Show you have to be a member of NAMM or have a related vistor's pass. I am not sure but I think if you know a dealer or manufacturer that belongs to NAMM then you can get Vistor Passes which are $25-30 for the three days.

2) Will the competition be as relaxed as in Detroit? Will I be able to try over and over on the 18th and 19th ??? or will you have strict competions rounds for the qualifying competitions?

Boo says preliminaries on 18-19 will be RELAXED and yes you can try as many times as you like.

3) Will FOX Sports be at centre stage inside NAMM ??

Fox Sports Net will not be with us at Eastern division this year. However they did do Western Division which starts airing this month I believe?

4) Will you be in the WFD tent ,for the competition, or in an inside NAMM booth ?

Boo will be at the WFD Stage area the entire time. They will not have the small tent and he said to tell you they will be inside out of the hot sun and that they will have WATER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HOPE THIS STRAIGTENS THINGS OUT FOR YOU ALL !

Teach Me Drums

Super 8, ... "oh bit me"?

Is that past tence for something that has bitten you? Or, is that a phrase that a drill operator uses?

Don't be mad! Be glad. I can see all the cool stuff (cause I live here) ... and then tell you about it.

DJ

• 1 month later...

For those of you who care....

I did better in the PRELIMS than in the final battle. My score of 762 (feet) got me in the top 10 but in the final competition, even though I played VERY SMOOTH , I don't even want to remember what my score was. (Somewhere down in the 600's)

I'm disappointed that I didn't put on a better show, but I learned an incredible amount watching Jotan, Johnny, Tim and Art.

Watching Art Verdi, I picked up something of his technique. I have changed it somewhat, but I was very surpised today to discover that using a modification of the "Verdi left hand technique" I can play on and on and on without getting tired in my left hand. How fast could I play if I could apply the same thing to both hands???

Dan

http://teachmedrums.com

TE:

Boo and Craig tried to get me up there behind that clock! Not this guy!

I was not about to embarrase myself that way.

I only saw the stage on the arena floor. Was there another area?

DJ

Archived