Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

What was the longest drum solo that you played to date?

Jazzman

When I was younger the band gave me a drum solo in a song that had one, I played my heart out, had my head down. After about one min.I realized that the bass player stopped and I was the only one on stage.......2 min. go by....3 , now I looking for the players. Two of them were drinking some water and the bass player saw me needing to stop, and picked up the bass and started the grove again. the keyboard started then we went back into the song and finished up the tune. Man I was sweating, and hands were tired from playing different grooves. The guys new I liked to do some Jazz beats and let me go. That never happened again. Looking back on it reminded me of pacticing the drums, but without music.

I got an ovation but wow what a gig.

I think the solo lasted about 5 min I think.

What was yours like? The name of our group was the Baskerville Hounds. We played in Pittsburgh Pa. The hometown I grew up in until I moved out to Michigan at the age of 21,(1972).

Jazzman :cool:

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hmmm. Seems the longest solo I played was our drum line solo in Drum Corps ( I marched Suncoast Sound when they were in the Top 12)

But, really, the longest official solo that I ever played ... hold your hats! ... was in a country band that I played in while in high school. We did lots of outdoor festivals in South Carolina. Although I now feel like it is the ultimate insult song to ask drummers to perform, the longest solo that I ever did was playing the old classic ... Wipe Out!

Yee Haw!

DJ

Archived