Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Shell designs.....what do you have?

Jazzman

My 7 piece Export series set is a bright white set, nothing special. What do you have for a special design.......are these decals or are the designs painted on. There are some radical drum designs out there. I don't know how these are applied. Your thoughts.

Jazzman :cool:

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Airbrushing ala bike gas tanks would give a great result. I remember seeing Bobby Rock's kit at a clinic. The set was done up like a classic painting. This would probably be the most expensive route tho'.
" I ain't no phisikist, but I know what matters..."

When I was running Slingerland back in the mid 90's, I had the great pleasure of working with Pat Foley (drum artist extrodinaire!) You older drummers may remember his work. Myron Grombacher's Japanese Flag kit for the Pat Benetar Tours, Gregg Bissonette' s Morter Shelled Kit for the David Lee Roth Gig, and the most famous set (among the 100's that he did), the Set for Jonathan "Sugar Foot" Moffit for the Jackson's Victory Tour. The ONLY drumset to ever grace the cover of Time magazine!

Pat could do some of the most amazing finishes that I have ever seen.

One of the wildest things we did at Slingerland was a kit for Chris McCuine for a Amy Grant tour where we covered the drums in a holographic confetti film. Pat then sprayed the drums with a slightly tinted clear coat. That kit looked wicked under the lights. He also did a series of snares out of this same holographic film and applyed a tinted clearcoat in black tint, red tint and green tint. The black tint one went to SugarFoot as a gift. What great looking drums.

DJ

Archived