Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Boss Dr202 question

Jazzman

I just picked up a DR202 Dr Groove box and started to use it. Is there any problems using the programed patches including the bass runs in songs that will be marketed? Are these boxes royalty free? I would hate to start using these in one fassion or another and find out that there is a problem. Who knows for sure? Who at Roland would know.....phone numbers?

Thanks all for the help.....

Jazzman :cool:

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 months later...

Just curious about this topic, anyone find out about this yet.......wondering if this is a problem or not. I guess this goes for a lot of devices that we use.

Thanks for any help.

ANY present on ANY commercially sold sound gear is royalty free.... as YOUR MANUAL WOULD CLEARLY STATE

if you dont have the manual, apologies

manufacturers arent stupid... as if they make these AUDIO INSTRUMENTS and expect people to not USE THEM

enough with the capitals though

i must especially have a chuckle cause you are talking about a dr202 :P

you know a lot of the rhythms on there are very typical of the genre they come from

you CAN NOT copyright a rhythm. only the sounds of the actual recording.

also, out of interest, you will find most audio machines have something in their manual to the effect of "you are licensed to use the preset in your music but NOT to copy and redistribute them"

something like that. pretty funny that they have to add that nonsense in but thats the world we live in

anyway, enjoy! make music and have fun :)

• 2 months later...

Thanks for the tip DRiLoad........I think I'll get the manual for the unit and see. Sorry I didn't get back with you on this sooner. I guess it does soung kinda silly....but I always like to ask just in case someone has had an issue with the Law about this type of thing.

Peace............

Archived