Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Drum Forum???

DrummerCafe

Well, I just heard that there are some MAJOR changes coming our way; and they're not good ones. Rather than go into details which I may or may not have the liberty to share at this time, let me plug my new Drummer Cafe again.

At least bookmark it now, incase you can't find this thread in the future. Get the idea?

I would also like to take the opportunity, at the close of this year, to wish you all a Merry Christmas, a Happy Hanukkah, and a Happy New Year.

My prayer for you all is God's peace in your lives, in your families, in your homes, in your city, in your state, in your country, and throughout the world. May God richly bless you, keep you, and grant you peace in all that you do.

[ 01-01-2002: Message edited by: Bartman ]

Drummer Cafe - community drum & percussion forum

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Geez Bart... if what you say is true that is very disturbing news indeed, and I must say that I don't get some of the things that are happening around these forums.

And is it mere coincidence that your post announcing this sad news is post #666? I think not. :D

--Lee

Personally, I was hoping that they would keep this forum alive; we'll see.

I really enjoy this forum and visit it every day. As much as I love you all, DJ was at least 50% of the reason I came over here. If he's not here ....... well, I may be movin' on partners ... even if they keep the forum.

This forum blows away most of the forums I've seen, and there are some MATURE musicians on here who know how to have a conversation, discuss and debate. That's a rare find ... and I love it!

Drummer Cafe - community drum & percussion forum

Bart I tried to get registered to your WEB page, somehow it didn't take my password. I wanted to use the same one that I use here. It wouldn't let me. I'm regestered as Jazzman too. Help!! Can you look in the files and cancel me out so I can start over again?

Bart, Hey from my family to yours, have a wonderful holiday season, take care of yourself. DON'T LEAVE AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

I'm alone again........damn!

Your a good man Bart, professional helping, and it shows here all of the time. I enjoy our discussions, a..... even though I'm not the reason why you are here. :D:D

Peace............. my fade out.........

Jazzman :cool:

We'll guys, here is the skinny. Dendy (that's me) got laid off 4 days before Christmas! That's right ... no notice, ... you know the drill.

Anyway, Corporate changes have caught up with my division and I have become the latest statistic. What will I do? Good question. I haven't given it a lot of thought. My wife and I are opening a hair salon (Seraphim Salon) here in Nashville on Jan 2nd. We bought, have moved and renamed the place where my wife worked for the last 9 years. I, however, was only helping to get the place cranked up. This lay-off has come at a bad time financially, but things will work out ... I'm sure.

Perhaps it is time to get back to playing full time?

As far as the forum goes, I have not gotten any answers regarding the fate of Drum Talk. I have never gotten paid one dime to host this forum. I did it because of you guys. At this time, I see no reason to NOT continue to moderate, but I have to get word if the forums will continue.

If any of you hear of anyone looking for someone that kicks major behind working as a remote employee, let me know and I will be happy to forward them a resume'. I am totally proficient in PC and MAC formats (Including OSX). I know just about every software program in existance (most only enough to complete my tasks). I have a complete facility to edit movies, video, music, etc., ... and I think I do a pretty half-decent job at moderating a forum.

Thanks for all the support that you guys continue to throw my way. I, like Bart, spend way to much time on this forum, ... but it is because I really care about all of you guys.

I will keep you posted as to the developments at MusicPlayer.com.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all!

Dendy (DJ)

Archived