Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

My Site Update

DrummerCafe

Well, I don't want to be accused of spamming, but I feel like I contribute enough to this forum that I should have the liberty to state the following.

In an effort to better serve the drumming community (and those that give a flying-flip what I have to say), I created my own Drum & Percussion Forum ... which resides on my web site.

My intention is NOT to take people away from here or any forum, but to suppliment my Lesson Pages and add to what is already out on the Internet. As DJ and a few others know, I have the MusicPlayer Drum Forum set-up as my browser's homepage! I'm here all the time ... probably way too much if I was honest with myself.

At any rate, I wanted to let you all know where I've been and what I've been up to. I've integrated this new forum with my Tips/Lessons section of my web site, allowing people to ask questions and get immediate answers from yours truly. In fact, as arrogant as it may seem, only I can post responses on the majority of the board! :D

So, this is a one time, and one time only notification of what I'm up to with all of this. Many of the regular visitors of the MusicPlayer Drum Forum have already stopped by. I guess we all make our rounds through the boards ... now mine is just another one in the mass sea of __________ (you fill in the blank).

Love to hear your thoughts.

Drummer Cafe - community drum & percussion forum

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree with all of the above.

I've visted this side of "Music player forums" only once , and your kind words helped me much faster then I expected.

I just log to your site, but had to leave since I'm checking a freind MP3, and it seems like drums where starting to come from your site. But it looked great, and I'll check it again as soon as the mp3 finish.

Thanks for all your help, and succes with all your do.

Danny :D

Rotshtein Danny - Studio Engineer

Jingles show-reel

Visit DarlingNikkie.com To discover the sounds of "Darling Nikkie"(aka Jade 4U). . . .

New exciting project Goddess of Destruction

Cool beans, Bart. I'll be hanging some, too, as long as you can stand me.

I have a suggestion for your website. I went looking all over the net for *pictures* of grips, with little luck. I found one that showed the *top* of the hand, which was about as pointless as showing me the drummer's arm. I wanted to see inside, where the index and thumb were positioned, how far back on the stick it was held, maybe even some pivot action so I could gauge how the fingers worked. Is it OK for the stick to rest against the palm? I could find *nothing*.

If you have some, or have some time, this would be THE GREATEST THING FOR DRUMMERS EVER .... Well, it would be really cool for me as I sit here feebly attempting to strike the drum with some force without losing the stick, anyway. :D

Thanks for the forum link and keep up the great work.

Originally posted by Gaddabout:

I have a suggestion for your website. I went looking all over the net for *pictures* of grips, with little luck. I found one that showed the *top* of the hand, which was about as pointless as showing me the drummer's arm. I wanted to see inside, where the index and thumb were positioned, how far back on the stick it was held, maybe even some pivot action so I could gauge how the fingers worked. Is it OK for the stick to rest against the palm? I could find *nothing*.

If you have some, or have some time, this would be THE GREATEST THING FOR DRUMMERS EVER .... Well, it would be really cool for me as I sit here feebly attempting to strike the drum with some force without losing the stick, anyway.

I think that is a great idea. Actually I do have some things like that on the back burner. I'm designing new graphics for the Four Stroke Types; my old ones are lame .GIF. These new graphics will be with Flash ... so much hipper.

I really appreciate the suggestions. It's tough to give what people want if you can't read their minds. Communication like yours is a HUGE help; thanks again.

If you haven't noticed, I love teaching and/or sharing new things ... so this is right up my alley.

Drummer Cafe - community drum & percussion forum

• 1 month later...

Archived