Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Still looking for a drummer in San Diego

regurgitator

I posted awhile back, still no luck....we need a pro level drummer into Chad Smith,Stephen Perkins,John Otto,Tim Alexander,Chad Sexton,Danny Carrey style drumming.....e-mail:

hookedonthesupercool@home.com or call 619-337-0393.

To me, it's a good idea to always carry two sacks of something when you walk around. That way, if anybody says, "Hey, can you give me a hand?" You can say, "Sorry, got these sacks." -Jack Handy

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I remember you post from the first time.

If you are looking a "pro level" drummer, with the likes of the drummers you mentioned ... I only hope that the rest of the band is EQUALLY as good as the drummer you are seeking. If not, then that may be why you've not found a drummer.

Just a thought.

Drummer Cafe - community drum & percussion forum

Well, hmmmm, Bartman...uhh...

Seems to me if someone posts "Looking for Chick Corea style keyboard player to complement Metheny style guitar player"...they probably sorta mean it.

If someone posts "Zawinul type wanted for thrash punk band..." perhaps they're barking up the wrong tree.

"Cisco Kid, was a friend of mine"

Originally posted by Tedster:

Well, hmmmm, Bartman...uhh...

Seems to me if someone posts "Looking for Chick Corea style keyboard player to complement Metheny style guitar player"...they probably sorta mean it.

If someone posts "Zawinul type wanted for thrash punk band..." perhaps they're barking up the wrong tree.

Well, hmmmmmmmm, uhhhh .... what's your point?!

An example...the people that post on the guitar forum and ask questions like "What gives So and So his tone?" (looking for info on amp types, strings, effects, etc.) and the answer is "So and So's hands"...well yeah, we know that, but, I think that in some cases we should assume that if a person is looking for something specific, we shouldn't immediately assume someone's chops are lacking. The guy looking for a monster drummer may indeed be a monster himself. Just because he hasn't found one yet doesn't automatically make him a schlep. We couldn't possibly tell unless we heard some stuff.

That's my point.

[ 12-05-2001: Message edited by: Tedster ]

"Cisco Kid, was a friend of mine"

I apologize. I thought the post said "sounds like" rather than "into". I must have mistaken this thread with another one on another bulletin board.

I've hear from bands that want a drummer that sounds like "so and so". In this case, who in their right mind would ever say "oh, I sound just like that guy, I should apply for the gig" ??? That's what I was getting from the post; but I was mistaken. First time I've ever been wrong ;) ... but I'll try not let it happen again.

Archived