Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Post you kit pics!

ian1642605905

Originally posted by Steve LeBlanc:

Damn Derek, you've been buying some cymbals...I bet you use every one of those splashes too. :) Cool.

Awwllllright. Here's Jazzman's kit...sorry it took me so long man, I wanted to resize the pics so they wouldn't be as big and I had to hang with my son for a while.

http://www.jamfree.com/jazzman2.jpg

http://www.jamfree.com/jazzman1.jpg

Nice-n-tidy! ;) I like that!

ian*

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, I don't have a recent photo of my set-up, but here's a graphic of my set-up.

http://bartelliott.com/images/Bartdrums.jpg

Drumset & Hardware: YAMAHA Recording Custom (birch) in Piano Black finish. 900 Series Hardware or Gibraltar GRS Rack.

A. 8 x 10 Tom w/ R.I.M.S.

B. 8 x 12 Tom w/ R.I.M.S.

C. 9 x 13 Tom w/ R.I.M.S.

D. 10 x 14 Tom w/ R.I.M.S.

E. 16 x 16 Floor Tom

F. 16 x 22 Kick Drum

G. 4 x 12 Peter Erskine Signature Snare (vintage finish)

H. 5" x 14" Maple Shell w/ Die-Cast Rims and other Assorted Snares

I. LP Galaxy Djembe (w/ snares)

a. Yamaha WHS850S Cable Remote Hi-Hat

b. DW 5002AH Delta Accelerator

c. LP Gajate Pedal (cowbell, wood block, etc.)

d. drumKAT Turbo

Cymbals: SABIAN

1. AAX 14" Stage Hi-Hats (on Cable Remote Hi-Hat)

2. HH 14" Sizzle Hi-Hats (on CHH910 Remote X-Hat)

3. AAX 8" Splash

4. AAX 10" Splash

5. AAX 13" Studio Crash

6. AAX 14" Studio Crash

7. AAX 15" Studio Crash

8. HH 16" Med. Thin Crash

9. AAX 17" Studio Crash

10 HH 20" Leopard Ride or AA 21" Larrie Londin Signature Ride

11. WUHAN 16" China Crash (w/ AQUARIAN cymbal spring)

Drumheads: AQUARIAN (exclusively) Textured Coated or Double Thins (batter side); Hi-Frequency (resonant side)

Drumsticks: VATER Fusion model

[ 11-11-2001: Message edited by: Bartman ]

Drummer Cafe - community drum & percussion forum

Originally posted by felix stein:

That's a big schlep Bartman...what does your kit look like when you don't have cartage or a roadie LOL.

LOL ... I only use that set-up for BIG events, concerts and live recordings. When I'm in the studio, I still have to take it all, plus additional cymbals, snares and percussion. I may not set it all up for studio stuff, but it's with me. The only time I set-up the "monster" in the studio is when it's a complete album project ... and the studio is booked for several days in a row. Other than that, I only set-up what the song needs. I did use this set-up for that live recording a did about a month ago; I talked about it on another thread. This was the set-up where I had to switch out snares between songs because the head wasn't going to last.

To answer your question (finally), here's what I take when I don't get my cartage fee ... LOL

http://home.swbell.net/sondage/index_files/images/Gretsch_Kit.jpg

GRETSCH "Progressive Jazz" kit (c.1968) refurbished in African Bubinga.

Drummer Cafe - community drum & percussion forum

Originally posted by Steve LeBlanc:

I can't get him to play the piano though...maybe later but I have a feeling he's going to be a drummer first, anything else will be a secondary instrument.

Hey, Steve.

I was just browsing the drum pix and came upon the picture of your son and started reading. Great looking kid. And how cool it is that he's musically enthused and going at it at this time. It's literally like while his body motor system is still developing, it is doing so musically. I'll bet the progress really is phenomenal, and what's great is that he's just having fun. Serious fun, from the sound of his commitment... but fun! :)

My first instrument was drums. I dearly love the drums. However, and this is probably because I got so into writing, be main instrument later became keys. It has been my contention for years, though, that no matter what instruments one plays and what instrument(s) becomes their main thing, DRUMS are the ideal and best starting place. Rhythm is where we first hook into music. It's our heartbeat and the comforting swaying of a small child being rocked. As to where your son takes his love of music, it's anyone's guess. But as long as it is love and appreciation, and he continues to have access and that fantastic enthusiasm... well, a musician he is and a musician he'll stay. One never knows about livelihoods and all that, but what better gift can a parent give to their child than a lifelong love for music?

I'm mighty happy for you guys! :D

Mmmmmkay... new guy is going to try this.

Action pic taken at my band's release party last year.

The kit has been somewhat... uh, expanded since.

Yamaha Beech Custom, for those who'd like ta know.

Sabian cymbals. Love this kit :)

http://k1neta.freeservers.com/Kennethlive.jpg

I'll get up some better pics later on.

Kenneth

Gag Watchers On The Storm Elegie

Archived