Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

What would be your dream gig?

djarrett

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Didn't we cover this about a month ago or so? http://www.musicplayer.com/ubb/smile.gif

I still have to say Bjork. She's a genius in my mind. All the other stuff that I really like, and would really like to play with, Sting, Peter Gabriel, DMB, Phish, the drummers that are there are too good! So I'm not needed http://www.musicplayer.com/ubb/smile.gif But Bjork doesn't even use a drummer, so I'd love to face a challenge like that. OK, wait, lemme add another one... David Sylvian, another genius.

Actually, one of the projects I'm involved in right now is slowly evolving into my dream gig come true. Total openness, total creative freedom, heaps of talent, great personalities. I love it when that happens.

Just for the record.

No, We did not cover that!

We covered ... what artist you would most like to play for.

A dream gig might be ... say ... playing drums for the circus ... or say ... on an Alaskan Cruise Ship!

You might like to be a first call studio session player.

Now ... back to the question.

DJ

Hey, Dan!

BlueManGroup! That would be fun.

They are actually auditioning on an on-going basis. Believe it or not, there are many BlueManGroups now. The original guys still do the commercials, etc. But they have become a big operation ... doing conventions all over, etc.

I have the contact info should anyone care.

DJ

I think it would be great to land a gig at one of the theaters in the mountains of Gatlinburg, Tennessee! Great artist. A five night a week gig for great pay and benefits! And killer mountains to hike in on the weekends!

DJ

OK, my dream gig would be to play at Red Rocks Amphitheatre in Colorado. And I'd want our drummer to play it too of course, but I'd also like to get Stan Lynch, Stewart Copeland, and Ziggy Modeliste to sit in on a few tunes. If I have four drum kits set up for each of them, and they could all play at the same time on a few things, I would not complain. I'd also like a few orchestral dudes with timpani down in the pit. Then at the rear of the stage we'd have the "Stomp" setup so the entire cast of "Stomp" could sit in too. Also, scattered throughout the amphitheatre I'd like a line of tribal drummers from New Guinea, steel drummers from Jamaica, djembe masters from Ghana, Aztec drummers from Mexico, and the entire KODO group from Japan. Might as well throw in a drum corps line too, I'm sure we could fit them in somewhere.

And since we're dreaming, I'd appreciate it if Bonzo and Keith Moon could come back from the dead and play at this gig too.

Well, you asked!

--Lee

my dream gig would be a summer tour of all the great outdoor ampitheaters. Like the gorge,alpine valley, red rocks, paolo soleri, mud island etc. I would prefer to be playing with my band, but i'd be down with filling in during a Led Zep reunion. Lee I noticed you like Stewart Copeland, have you checked out his Oysterhead work(with Trey Anastasio and Les Claypool) its pretty wild.

i'd be fred below and play for chuck berry (and all the other chess records acts-muddy waters, howlin wolf, bo diddley, etc.) circa 1955 and get paid in 1999 dollars (pre-dot.com crash/recession).... and the stones and beatles would be copying ME!

-d. gauss

Archived