Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Where are you playing? -- A Bulletin Board.

djarrett

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am off this Labor Day Weekend to play in two Music/Arts Festivals.

One in Matthews N.C. (a suburb of Charlotte) and the other in Newnan GA. (outside [south] of Atlanta)

These are the kind of Gigs I enjoy. Outdoor festivals with large crowds. Taking a Prevost Motor Coach ... augh ... travlin' in style!

Anyone else playing this weekend?

DJ

Well, let's see ... the jazz trio I play in is going to New Mexico this weekend without the guarantee of breaking even. I chose not to go, since I never take jazz gigs without a fixed fee. They'll be hiring someone there. My start-up rock project disbanded last night after 1 month of songwriting and practice. It's not my week to play at church, either.

Looks like I'm looking for work now! =)

I personally don't have any public performances this week; just sessions.

Here's something that is happening tonight with one of our Drum Ring members, John Favicchia.

On Thursday, August 30th 2001 at 8:30pm sharp!

Come see some live contemporary/fusion/Latin JAZZ

by DHARMA

featuring

John Favicchia-drums

Carl Fischer-trumpet

Kip Sophos-bass

Fredrick Las Fargeas-keys

Matt Cardin-guitar

w/special guest John Scarpulla-sax

at Back Street Blues

$5.00 cover

located at 60 Front Street Rockville Center, NY

across the street from the LIRR so come right from work!

Phone: 516-766-MOJO

I did a review for John's latest CD, DHARMA which you can read about on the DrumRing.org website.

So if you are in the New York area ... go check them out! The CD is GREAT!

Drummer Cafe - community drum & percussion forum

Wow, Great idea!

My band Lockbody is playing this Saturday night at:

The Nick - in Birmingham, Alabama

200 - 300bpm fun for all.

If you've ever played in B'ham, you've probably played at The Nick.

Bob

We're playing tomorrow night at the Canton Coffee Company, Canton, GA (a little town north of Atlanta). It's a kinda "semi-unplugged" gig where I'm playing through a small amp, our bass player is on acoustic guitar and drummer is playing just a kick, snare and cymbal and singing his little heart out.

This place is kind of cool because it's a tiny little coffeehouse in a tiny little town and the atmosphere is really great. The people who own it and work there are so laid back and nice, and it's like playing in somebody's living room. Not the usual kind of gig for us but it should be fun!

Hey DJ if you're gonna be in GA we should try to meet up sometime during the weekend if that's possible!

--Lee

I have just been hired by a new band who is currently in Asheville, NC. However, I am in Athens, GA and they are coming here. We plan to play in the Athens area and Atlanta starting in October. The band is BJ Bowen.

Http://www.bjbowen.net

------------------

"You don't just EAT the biggest turnip in the world!"

http://www.theodysseystudio.com

"You don't just EAT the biggest turnip in the world!"

http://www.theodysseystudio.com

Tomorrow (Friday) @ Boswells in Campbell, CA (band 1)

Next Saturday @ The Red Devil Lounge in San Francisco, CA (band 2)

Various coffee shop percussion shows throughout the Bay area both weeks (band 3)

And working quite a bit in the studio these days.

Just for the record.

Originally posted by djarrett:

I am off this Labor Day Weekend to play in two Music/Arts Festivals.

One in Matthews N.C. (a suburb of Charlotte) and the other in Newnan GA. (outside [south] of Atlanta)

These are the kind of Gigs I enjoy. Outdoor festivals with large crowds. Taking a Prevost Motor Coach ... augh ... travlin' in style!

Anyone else playing this weekend?

DJ

Lessee...Big Earl's Dewdrop Inn...

"Take the ribbon from your hair"...

Naw, I'm just kidding. I'm not playing anywhere this weekend...last weekend though was fun...played the Little Platte Marina on Smithville Lake. The stage was a floating dock...a beautiful evening on the lake...and the stage rocked and rolled when we did.

"Cisco Kid, was a friend of mine"

Anyone from Minnesota?

The band I'm in--Reunion--is playing Sept. 29 at the Carlton VFW and October 20 at the Hoyt Lakes VFW. We play mostly 50's & 60's and some country stuff, for an "older" VFW-type crowd (usually older than I am, no offense intended).

I think this would be a great thread to keep running. I would enjoy going to see other members of this board when they were close.

Archived