Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Arbiter Flats poll.

Drumcanman

Hi this is Tim Waterson just thought I'd see everybody's opinion on the Arbiter flats drums. I endorse Arbiter and one of the reasons I chose the flats is because I had a car accident last year and I needed a smaller lightweight kit.right now my whole set weighs lighter than my old toms. I looked at other companies but arbiters 1 lug AT sytem was just the answer. And I always get compliments on the musical tones from the drums people stil can't believe the 1" shells project so well. another poll to give drummers something to think about. Tim Waterson

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I suppose if they were mic'd they would be hip.

I played some jazz on one of the remo sets and I did not care for it.

They remind me of roto toms (arbiters) ...I knew a great drummer here who had a huge roto tom kit with a standard kick and snare. He had a great sound, reminded me of the Alex VanHalen tone- which I think was a very good thing.

Do yours sound like that?

Peace

Felix, ther is no comparison between roto toms and the Flats, I( have roto toms and I A-B'd them the roto's project high end only the flats are warmer sounding and roto's are terrible to pack around the Flats go in one case and the hardware in another grab your cymbals and your ready for almost any gig. 3 bags to carry instead of 6-8.I hope this helps Tim Waterson

Hey, Drumcan!

I have heard the flats and think they are remarkable for what they are. The tuning system of all the arbiter line is ... say ... different!

Flats is a cool thing ... especially if you are driving a compact car and have lots of local gigs!

DJ

Archived