Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Ayotte tuneloc lug things

ackthbtbthotmail.com

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry Doc that it took so long to reply.

To my knowledge ... the TuneLoc system allows you to detune slightly and the threaded sleeve that the tuning rod goes into (called the tune-loc cylinder) will drop down and pop out with the lug casing to allow for a quick head change.

If someone out there knows differently ... please speak up!

Thanks,

DJ

Oh wait, excuse me for a moment while i wipe the drool off!

Ok, now that's better. Those are amazing kits!! I would love one. Everything about them just seems great! You should be able to to just loosen the tension rods a bit and them kind of flip them out and down. This is supposed to make for quicker head changes. Plus, the lugs look cool! If you do have problems, just call Ayotte up, i'm sure they'll help you. Plus, i know they have a pretty good website. Look there, i bet they explain it. And if you still can't get it, send it to me, i'll make sure to treat them like they were mine!!

one more thing as yet not mentioned: the allen screws on the side of each lug allow you to tension the hold on the tuning screws to prevent the screws from loosening during performance. helps BIG TIME for keeping the drums in tune. you don't need to tighten them very much. just adjust them to your playing style. if you don't hit really hard you'll only need a lighter tension. you'll get the feel as you play around.

Thanks for the replies.

I figured out the tuning-lock-loc things. They certainly do lock the tuning, providing the head isnt coming undone.

However, DJarret mentioned the ease of head changes. I'm not yet convinced, due to the fact that the lugs are old bass drum style clamp jobs that arent secured to the hoop. Maybe I'm just not used to them yet.

I'll give them all the time in the world, however, due to the fact that these bastards sound incredible. And good God Miss Modd, what a look.

Thanks again,

Doc

Archived