Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

What cities pay the most for club gigs?

ian1642605905

In the cities I've played gigs the competition is so bad that some bands play for peanuts which spoils the club owners willingness to cough up the money that a band is worth.Let's face it it's not worth the effort of setting up and tearing down all the gear much less playing til 3am.What kind of dough do you guys make and where?

:ian*

ian*

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In Birmingham, AL (Oh yeah, now we're talkin' big money....) $200.00 seems to be the standard minimum that anyone worth their salt can beg for. That said, one night my band and another split a whole dollar at a club. I still have my seventh in my scrapbook.

The "best" are battle of the bands. That way, the owners get to have a bunch of bands show up and play for the great reward of coming back and doing it again next week.

Bob

Here in Canada you're lucky if you make $75 cdn. per member for in-town work. The money gets a little better on the road because small town club owners are not going to attract good cover bands with the travel and overhead involved. If you want decent cash(enough to actually live on) cruise ships and overseas work is probably the way to go, these gigs pay on the average $500 US per week per member but the trade off is the band has to be really versatile when it comes to the material they play(especially for cruise ship work).

Archived