Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Sabian Factory Tour

djarrett

Hey Drum Gods and Goddesses:

You have got to check out this killer article (if I must say so myself!) on the Magic of Making Cymbals: Sabian Factory Tour!

This is the most thorough article I think ever written (and complete with great video coverage) on the making of cymbals!!

Get there from here:

http://www.musicplayer.com/CDA/Player/Main/1,2228,Features-Drummer-5161659,00.html

Please come back and let me know what you think!

Thanks,

DJ (Dendy)

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice quick read. Sabian has done alot to increase their market share.

I liked the part about a cymbal having to age...I was just thinking about that and there they talked about it.

I also liked the part about all the great talent that has walked thru their vault. Cool.

I have played a lot of Sabians. Some of them are very complex and the company has nice ideas like mini chinas and high hats with rivets in them etc. ( I own the latter)....

I'm still a Paiste man...let's see their factory!

Cool artivle DJ. I have been playing Sabian's for the most of my career and their cymbals are awesome. Working in the drum shop at Guitar Center, I have had the Sabian reps. come by and say howdy and answer any questions that we had (I haven't seen Zildjian or Paiste's yet). Really nice people they have and even nicer Cymbals.

Drumtrav

Drumtrav

Archived