Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

What's Stewart been up to?

dansouth

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I belive that Stewart Copeland is recording an album with Trey Anastasio from Phish and Les Claypool from Primus. They're called Oysterhead, but that's about all I know. They've done a few shows.
~clockwirk~

while channel surfing a few days ago i happened to see Stewart Copeland's name mentioned in the closing credits of one of those bad sci-fi shows...or maybe it was a bad Xena ripoff...who knows...anyway, he did the theme apparently. not so hot i'm afraid...back to the Rhythmatist days with you!

i hope Stewart and Trey don't let Les 'write' any of the songs on the Oysterhead project. i absolutely love old Primus, but, i dunno, the last 3-4 albums (ever since Tim 'Herb' left...loved his playing), you've heard the song when you've heard the first 4 measures...they all go nowhere dammit!

I always liked Herb too. I sort of lost interest in Primus when he left. Have you checked out any of the stuff he's done with his new band, Laundry? Pretty good, but gets kind of repetative.
~clockwirk~

Originally posted by clockwirk:

Have you checked out any of the stuff he's done with his new band, Laundry? Pretty good, but gets kind of repetative.

gee...sounds like he and his old bandmate followed the same path http://www.musicplayer.com/ubb/wink.gif

thanx for the tip though...havta look for that.

oh, and i was way off on the Stewart Copeland tv theme...it's for one of those sports 'Behind the Glory' shows....

• 1 month later...

I heard on the radio that Terry Bozzio is re-grouping with Missing Persons - including Dale Bozzio and Warren Cuccarillo (sp?). There's nothing about it on his website though.

Oysterhead is supposed to come out sometime this Fall.

Just for the record.

Archived