Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Drum Loops?

DJ Erupt

Drummers,

I know this may seem foreign. But I'm a DJ that is getting into music

production, & I wanted to know if you guys have heard any drum loop

CD's that have drum performances that are awesome, & sound great?

DJ Erupt.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That's a tough question, because there's a lot of good material out there. You need to narrow your question down a bit -- are you looking for a particular style (house, rock, techno, etc.), or do you want a variety for various projects? Do you want electronic drum sounds or acoustic? Machine vibe or something with more of an R&B feel? There really is a lot of variety out there, try to narrow your search a bit.

I messed around being a dj for awhile and I always wanted to incorporate ACID grooves/CD's into compositions.

You could get a music editing program like cakewalk/sonar...import your acid grooves and music wavs...mix, then store in your MP3 player for gigs.

synsonic generator is alright for that hip hop and house groove stuff or make your own

felix

Anderton,

I'm looking for a variety of drum loops. If you could name one, or two

for each type of category that would help me out alot. I don't want to

be restricted to any one type of sound, or style. But I do want at least

one, or two CD's that have excellent live drum/percussion peformances.

DJ Erupt.

I think you should buy a small drum kit and learn to make your own loops, just a thought http://www.musicplayer.com/ubb/wink.gif.

Here's probably a better suggestion: Get Propellerheads ReBirth software. It's not expensive, and makes it EASY to create drum loops, which you can then export as files to bring into Acid, Cubase, Logic, Sonar, whatever works for ya.

Wizoo makes outstanding drum loops. Some of their CDs are more lo-fi/hardcore stuff, like Cologne Cyclez, which is really hot. But they also did some drum loop projects in cooperation with Steinberg called VST drum sessions. Wizoo is the company that came up with a 24-bit drum library that's about as good-sounding as it gets. http://www.wizoo.com

I also think that anything Ilio Entertainments does is consistently high quality. I use their Double Platinum drums alot when I need more acoustic-oriented, rock kits. http://www.ilio.com

Here's probably a better suggestion:

Well Craig, I was kidding around a bit but my suggestion wasn't too far off.

I have a friend who can barely clap his hands in time but he followed my suggestion, bought a few drums, the sample loops he makes are very unique sounding and cool. Quantizing makes anyone a drummer http://www.musicplayer.com/ubb/smile.gif.

DJERUPT:

Was simply suggesting that you might give this a try! A local group here in Nashville, The Caruba Dance Machine, sports 3 drummers and a DJ! It is a tremendous hit with locals. Liken to STOMP, RAP, and Bass & Drum!!

Check it out at: www.carubamusic.com

Thanks,

DJ

I've been enjoying my side business, BAE Productions . Specializing in custom drum and percussion tracks, loops, samples, sound effects and MIDI grooves.

As soon as I build up enough of a library I would love to put it all on CD. In the mean time, I've been enjoying working on new concepts and ideas, as well as making custom grooves of individual projects. The industry has used Liquid Grooves and Burnin' Grooves to the MAX!!! It's getting very old to my ears, hence the idea of making a specific groove for a specific song. Tired of the "cookie cutter" productions.

I do understand that making a custom loop is not affordable for some, but it sure is nice to have a unique loop for your unique song!

Okay ... have I sold you yet? LOL

If not, I'll try harder next time! LOL

------------------

Bart Elliott

http://bartelliott.com

This message has been edited by Bartman on 05-01-2001 at 12:25 AM

Drummer Cafe - community drum & percussion forum

Originally posted by djarrett:

DJERUPT:

Was simply suggesting that you might give this a try! A local group here in Nashville, The Caruba Dance Machine, sports 3 drummers and a DJ! It is a tremendous hit with locals. Liken to STOMP, RAP, and Bass & Drum!!

Check it out at: www.carubamusic.com

This sounds very cool DJ; hope I can check that out sometime.

Drummer Cafe - community drum & percussion forum

Hey, Bartman:

Do check this out. Glen Caruba is the band leader. He is a well published percussionist with a series of books on conga methods. He is also the person in charge of Pearl's Percussion producst (formerly Afro Percussion).

The Caruba Dance Machine also includes the drummer Johnny Rabb! Touted as the World's Fastest Drummer!

DJ-out

Archived