Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Semi OT: Drums on Demand?

Mudcat

I've posted this on a couple of other forums and thought I would take a shot here as well.

Is anybody using Drums on Demand for your recording projects? I am trying to get cranked back up doing some recording but I am loathe to start programming my drum machine again.

I have the light versions of Cubase and Sonar but I have never done anything with them using recorded drum loops. I am pretty impressed by the demos on the DOD website but I am curious as to how steep the learning curve is to working with loops in constructing a drum track. My hope is that it is way less tedious than programming an SR-16.

Anybody have insight on this topic?

Mudcat's music on Soundclick

"Work hard. Rock hard. Eat hard. Sleep hard. Grow big. Wear glasses if you need 'em."-The Webb Wilder Credo-

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I feel for you! Programming my SR-16 is like drinking hot beer for 2 days. I am actually starting to play my own drum tracks and using loop samples from mi7libraries.com, Much easier but not as easy as I want. I would love to try the new ProTools drum thingie as I use ProTools mostly.

Good question.

I have found it is easier to find someone who programs... or to find a drummer.

Fruity Loops is very nice and easy to learn. I jsut save the tracks as WAV. files and import them into the DAW. I have never used the program you are asking about.

Originally posted by Big Daddy from Motown:

Programming the SR16 isn't very hard, maybe you should give it another try.

Yeah it's not that difficult, it's just time consuming and I usually get a headache from the stress! :(

I think I get a little to wound up about programming fills exactly the way I want them. It takes me forever. :rolleyes:

Mudcat's music on Soundclick

"Work hard. Rock hard. Eat hard. Sleep hard. Grow big. Wear glasses if you need 'em."-The Webb Wilder Credo-

Drums on Demand, and others in that genre of software (themed loops, essentially) work well for pop, country and rock. I do not own DoD, but I have worked with it on many an occasion...very easy to use, but possibly limiting if you are a micromanager of your drum tracks (like me). Groove Agent is also quite cool.

"For instance" is not proof.

Archived