Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Dont know if youve seen this... Vince in hospital

Trucks

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thankfully all his upper limbs and digits are okay.

He'll be able to practice, as soon as he gets out of traction. :D

Gallows humor, eh?

But I'm truly thankful that he was okay, even if in pain. And he'll be stronger than ever.

Yep. I'm the other voice in the head of davebrownbass.

Strangely Dave that was my initial reaction too - at least it wasn't his hands/arms/fingers/head/neck/body,

I'm sure that's little consolation.

Here\'s an explanation of Vince's username.

The Guitar Forum guys have been trying to contact him in New Zealand. It's worth checking their thread occasionally for updates.

Phil

Wishes for a speedy recovery, Vince.

Agree with Dave. Odd how guitarist and bassist seem to measure the severity of an incident with the proximity of the injury to the hands, wrists and digits.

Broke up a fight between a couple of my dogs last week and took a good hit to my fret hand. My main concern was with the bite in the side of my forefinger; not the significantly larger wound to the forearm. Anyone in Jay's Garage who suffers from an injury is always asked immediately "Are your hands alright?"

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

Yep.

I have power tools, but rarely use them.

You know they put chain saws on the end of tree trimming poles? Yikes!

I got the circular saw, the router, the Zip saw, Fresnel bitted drills...

all kinds of macerators. I just can't stand to use them.

When I got in a car wreck a few weeks ago, and kissed the airbag, my biggest worry was the airbag burn on my thumb....not the belly bruise, the neck ache, the hip ache, the totalled car. It was: "will I be able to play the next gig?"

Vince? You reading this yet? We're wantin' to hear from you.

Yep. I'm the other voice in the head of davebrownbass.

I keep telling you guys, you can play better sitting down rather than jumping around on some stage. Kramer will play better than ever now.

Pickers should avoid using, bandsaws, table saws, knives, heavey hammers and OH Yea! Scooters.

Get well soon Kramer. What kind of scooter were you on?

Rocky

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb, voting on what to eat for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb, contesting the vote."

Benjamin Franklin

Wow, guys!

I hadn't noticed this thread before! Thank you all so much for your wellwishes (is there such a word?) I am back home and will have these metal things around my shin for the next four months. I can PLAY, but getting out of the house with a large amp, one or more basses and various pedals and leads is way too difficult for now.

But again, thank you. All of you :thu::):)

Archived