Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

"AND THE ROCKETS' RED GLARE...THE BOMBS BURSTING IN AIR"... I knew it...(laughing ass off), Geez, I knew it. [b][i]BOOM!!!![/i][/b] Owwww! That was close!...(ducks)... Hey... I am Sam. Sam I am. That Sam I am...that Sam I am...I do not like that Sam I am. Do you like green eggs and ham? I do not like green eggs and ham. Would you like them in a boat? I would not like them in a boat. Would you could you with a goat? Or with a sheep...hahahaha...shit...I'm laughing too hard. What if Dr. Seuss was to get involved in this thread? I do not like green eggs and ham. I do not like them, Sam I am.
"Cisco Kid, was a friend of mine"

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ROTFLMAO, Ted! Thanks to Mr. Downchild for elaborating, very eloquently I might add. A word to Parissongs; We're not all predjudiced against you, even those who don't like you would leave you alone if you didn't put your foot in your mouth.. er... keyboard. You stated you think your thoughts translate well on cyberspace. The responses, even those tempered with patience such as Mr. Downchild's, say otherwise. Let me enlighten you by my own misstep online. I responded to a customer email regarding warranty and a repair on a 1920's or 1930's Gibson shortly after taking the job in customer support. Gibson's lifetime warranty from the past is extended only to the original owner. Attempting some levity, I asked the customer how old she was. This was intended to be comical, as she'd have to be over 85 years old to possibly be the original owner. She misunderstood me. My intentions didn't matter. The writing was unclear and sarcasm often doesn't translate well in written form. To put it lightly, I got chewed out by both my supervisor and HIS supervisor. It soured my experience and, I believe, was the reason they declined to keep me on after my 89th day (last day) of the probation period all Gibson employees must complete. Just imagine how quickly they'd have fired me if my apology to the customer had included any of the comments you've thrust at your critics here. You may think there's a difference between a customer and members of this forum. I assure you there is not. It's all about how much you value participation in civil discussion here. Frankly, I don't believe your explanation of the "negro appreciation society" comment. If this happened at work you'd be in sensitivity training if not fired. Suck it up, apologize for offending, and think a little longer before you commit your voice to paper. It will pay dividends far beyond the respect of anyone on this forum. Or continue to make friends and influence people your own way. It doesn't seem to be very successful, IMO, but.. it's your life. Peace.

It's easiest to find me on Facebook. Neil Bergman

Soundclick

fntstcsnd

Parisongs, i saw "i am sam" and thought it was nothing short of Fabulous. As for awards, they are all bullshit and you need to open your eyes to that fact and you will stop worrying about it. Stop being so disruptive around here. You come out of the gates all fired up throwing around strong opinions and language that is quite obviously(or so it seems to eveyone but you) a little too abrasive for the masses that hang here. You have been given the benifit of the doubt a few times on this thread alone. Perhaps you don't understand that different groups of folks have different tolerances for sarcasm and language. If you are going to post with a group as diverse as this, i suggest you play it on the safe side and have a bit of consideration for other folks sensitivities. There are several people here, including myself, who will tear you to bits and make you feel like shit about yourself for weeks if you push us. Take a step back and think. Your intelligence is already more exposed than you know. We want you input here if your interests are similar to ours. Just try to have some respect. Alright? :thu:

[quote]I agree that this is one of the most professional sites around. In the serious sections, the users are very knowledgeable people. But people sure seem to be ready to pounce on you if any little thing you say seems anti-PC or insensitive. Someone said this already- a lot of implied stuff doesn't translate well on the web. My stuff starts out light-hearted but always ends up in the gutter because I'm just not willing to be cordial towards narrow minded individuals or someone who just has to tell me how "wrong" I am.[/quote]Tell me about it. :) [b]More Truth...less Tolerance.[/b]

[quote]Originally posted by koolkid: [b]the most amazing thing about these forums is that we dont know each others ethnicities ,so that we cant tell whats politically correct from one poster to the next quite interesting and profound[/b][/quote]The whole thing about political correctness is that you are not supposed to guess ethnicity because we're not supposed to distinguish one person from another. It's going to be boring.
It's OK to tempt fate. Just don't drop your drawers and moon her.

I only saw the movie Denzel got the award for. And I must say, I have no Idea why he received the award. The movie was, IMO whatever. Nothing special. I've seen Denzel in much better movies. And then movies I've seen Sean Penn in, have been excellent movies. I thought training day tried just a bit too hard. Almost like a mix between "Serpico" amnd "Mean Streets". Both movies of course kicks ass on "Training Day". Let's face it. Some of Hollywoods best movies and actors never received any awards. Mark

IMDB Credit list

President George Washington: "The government of the United States is in no sense founded on the Christian Religion."

President Abraham Lincoln: "The Bible is not my book, nor Christianity my religion."

[quote]Originally posted by koolkid: [b]the most amazing thing about these forums is that we dont know each others ethnicities ,so that we cant tell whats politically correct from one poster to the next quite interesting and profound[/b][/quote]No mystery here midispaceho = cracker honkey
Heeeeeere kitty kitty kitty

i rented "i am sam", and i just got done watching it. i didn't read this thread when it was popular, because i knew i wanted to see the flick and didn't want to hear reviews or Beatles cover slams. little did i know... i liked the movie. during the first scene, i thought "oh no, he's doing hoffman," but i forgot that once i got into the story. sean was good, but the story sold me. and the girl. some of the camerawork bugged me, though. i know the director was trying to make the handheld use stand for... well, you know... but practically the whole movie was handheld. too much. i have no comment on the content of this thread. ... "you're the red in her paintings." :cry:

[quote]Originally posted by Coaster/Parisongs/Tedster: [b] [i] Coaster: [/i] "hint hint: negro is a no-no word" [i] Parisongs: [/i] "Negro is a yes-yes word in this post dumb-dumb! All you miserable cunts really have ridiculously large chips on your shoulders. Get laid for christ sakes!" [i] Tedster: [/i] "AND THE ROCKETS' RED GLARE...THE BOMBS BURSTING IN AIR... "I knew it...(laughing ass off), Geez, I knew it. [b][i]BOOM!!!![/i][/b] Owwww! That was close!...(ducks)...." [/b][/quote][img]http://www.pinball.org/kme/martin.jpg[/img] "Thank goodness he's drawn attention away from my shirt!"

Super 8

Hear my stuff here

Archived