Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

London guys...BassCentre?

Gruuve

Hey UK comrades:

Almost a month ago, I bought a Warwick Just-A-Nut from BassCentre in London via their online site. They seemed to be the only supplier of a height adjustable nut. I got responses from a fellow named "Napper" to tell me the payment had been accepted, and that the item had shipped, presumably in the mail.

It's been a month and I still don't have this nut. I sent a note to Napper about a week and a half ago, and I've had no response. I just sent another note to Napper and a note through BassCentre's site.

Any idea what gives with these guys? Are they completely slack and disorganized knuckleheads or what? This is some pretty p*ss-poor customer service, in my not-so-humble-opinion. I can't complain if the thing got lost or destroyed in transit...but not responding about a lost order isn't a particularly good way to treat customers (even if they are overseas!) I fully expect them to ship me another one via a means that provides a tracking#...given my experiences thus far, I'm not too confident about that expectation actually being met.

Luckily, I paid through PayPal. If I don't have response soon I'll have no choice but to file a claim with PayPal. I'd much rather just have the blasted nut though!

Dave

Old bass players never die, they just buy lighter rigs.

- Tom Capasso, 11/9/2006

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Comrade? Umm, alright, hombre.

Anyhow, unless they have changed their policy, Dana B. Goods will sell you that nut directly.

I do not believe you are covered by PayPal's Buyer Protection if it was not purchased through ebay. Also, if you purchase something outside of the country, there are additional rules that usually apply.

Dave,

I will give them a call on your behalf if you like. I have not bought anything there for many years - I bought my Wal there many moons ago and used to get the fingerboard levelled there.

The Bass Centre has a generally good reputation over here but this sounds shocking. Send another email and demand an immediate response.

It might be worth cancelling hte payment, if you can and buying from Dana B. Goods if they still do it. You must be paying througgh the nose to buy the product in pounds using US dollars given the current exchange rate.

PM me or post if you want me to ring them from work.

Hey guys:

Thanks for the offer Phil, but Napper responded this morning and said they'll put another one in airmail and I should have it within no more than a week. That's more like it. I guess my first email to them must've gotten lost in the same place the nut did. :freak:

Actually, the price wasn't too bad...I plan to put this nut on the Tobias (it'll fit almost perfectly) since I seem to continue to have issues with the nut being filed to low. Best choice is just to replace the nut, and if I'm going to do that, then I'm going to put an adjustable nut on it so I never have the issue again. There ya go! :thu:

Dave

- Tom Capasso, 11/9/2006

• 2 weeks later...

OK, two weeks have expired and still no nut...neither the first one nor the second one has arrived at my door.

I've sent Napper at Bass Centre a not-too- friendly note letting him know that my patience has expired and that I need them to send this blasted nut to me via UPS or Fedex next day air, and NOT by any shipping means whatsoever that doesn't provide a tracking#.

Maybe it's getting stuck in customs...maybe it's getting lost through international mail carrier exchanges. I really don't care, I just want the friggin' nut. If they aren't clever enough to successfully ship a small, simple package to the US, then they should clearly state on their web-site that they don't ship to the US.

Dave

- Tom Capasso, 11/9/2006

When I buy stuff from the US dispatch time varies - If I buy from GFS it's about 3 days, if I get from StewMac it's about 10 days. A private citizen sent me a Strat body - that took about a month and I believe the pickup I sent to Picker took about a month.

G.

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the World will know Peace": Jimi Hendrix

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=738517&content=music

The Geoff - blame Caevan!!!

Bob Gollihur sold me an amp that shipped to me in about two days! ;):)

Strange one this - I thought they had quite a good reputation. I've only been there for clinics (Marcus Miller, Chuck Rainey) in recent years but many moons ago I bought my Wal from them secondhand.

Dave, if you want me to ring them (i.e. a local call rather than the cost of an international one) - PM me. I won't be around that end of London for a while.

I just sent Napper a partial apology. A nut showed up in my mailbox today. However, all is still not as it should be...it's a 5-string nut, but there are only 4 slotted screws with it...one is missing. Grrrrr.....

Dave

- Tom Capasso, 11/9/2006

What am I gonna do with this Warwick nut that came today?

Hope it clears up for you soon, Dave.

And another great example of community spirit on this board that "locals" have volunteered to help!

Tom

www.stoneflyrocks.com

Acoustic Color

Be practical as well as generous in your ideals. Keep your eyes on the stars and keep your feet on the ground. - Theodore Roosevelt

Archived