Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

GAS: Schecter Stilletto Elite

Ross Brown

Went to GC on Saturday. Held and played a Black Cherry Schecter Stilletto Elite 4 string.

It was beautiful. :eek: Felt great, sounded growly. :thu:

Thinking of trading in my Ergodyne... or keeping it... or ...

I did a search. Seems like folks that have them, like them. Anyone else care to share?

"When I take a stroll down Jackass Lane it is usually to see someone that is already there" Mrs. Brown

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't have one, but I just checked out musicians friend and they have some pretty ones. Good reviews. I think I am going to go try a Custom 4. I particularly like the black transparent finish. I think I played one the last time I was at GC. I remember them being nice.

How do you sign a computer screen?

I've owned both the Ergodyne and a 5 string Stiletto Elite.

The Stiletto has a much more meaty sound, and it just feels like more care was taken in the construction and finish. The five string was a bit neck heavy, but I think the 4 string plays great.

"For instance" is not proof.

I just bought a Stiletto Studio 6 a little over a month ago. Had one problem with the onboard eq which the dealer took care of on the spot. I love this bass - have been playing it exclusively pretty much since I've owned it.

Like Jbass, I have a Stilleto Studio 5 fretless and wow, I love it. Though don't take my word for it as I've only been playing bass for about 2 years, but I bought a schecter bass cause my main guitar was a schecter and it was the best guitar I've laid my hands on.

Great features, great sound, and great aesthetics. I'm looking to get another schecter bass (fretted) if I come across a bag of money...

[Carvin] XB76WF - All Walnut 6-string fretless

[schecter] Stiletto Studio 5 Fretless | Stiletto Elite 5

[Ampeg] SVT3-Pro | SVT-410HLF

Thanks. I think I'll head back to GC with my strap and check it out again.

Anyone have experience with trades at GC? Should I bother? I probably won't sell the Ergodyne on my own, but I would trade it in.

"When I take a stroll down Jackass Lane it is usually to see someone that is already there" Mrs. Brown

Originally posted by jeremy c:

At GC (like any other retail operation), the maximum amount they will give you in trade for something is no more than 50% of what they will sell it for. Sometimes it will be considerably less.

You can always get more money by selling something yourself.

Really?? :(:mad: Dang it. Maybe I will sell it myself.

Thanks Jeremy

As Jeremy said, say they will sell it for $500 used. they might gice you $200-$250. You could easily sell it to someone for $400 and both the buyer and seller would be better off.

Hey, could you post a pic of your bass's? This way I can see what you play;) I think there is a thread for this http://www.musicplayer.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?/ubb/get_topic/f/5/t/015022.html

You can post all your axe's and tell us what you plan to do with them. your new Schecter (I like my amber burst) and you others.

Bonne chants Ross.

P.S> every time I hear or see the name Ross I think of Bob Ross. What a cool T.V. show he had. Did anyone else see that, Or was it just a mid-west/Indiana thing?

I'll have to get pics and figure out how to post.

After discussion with my wife today, I may just keep the Ergodyne for now and get the Schecter. Can decide later if I want to sell.

Never heard of Bob Ross... maybe a mid-west thing.

Originally posted by dnkritr:

P.S> every time I hear or see the name Ross I think of Bob Ross. What a cool T.V. show he had. Did anyone else see that, Or was it just a mid-west/Indiana thing?

No, I think everybody knows Bob Ross. I grew up watching him out West, and I have friends who saw him in the East. I still see those shows sometimes.

Always dug his show. ;)

Bob Ross\' site

Peace,

wraub

I'm a lot more like I am now than I was when I got here.

No, I think everybody knows Bob Ross. I grew up watching him out West, and I have friends who saw him in the East. I still see those shows sometimes.

Always dug his show.

"Now over here we'll paint a happy little tree."

The guy was amazing. My oldest daughter, who is now in college, and I used to watch him every Saturday morning when she was just a wee thing.

I just looked on the Schecter website, it's not a bad looking bass and that black cherry finish is gorgeous!
Now theres three of you in a band, youre like a proper band. Youre like the policemen.

Originally posted by Rowbee:

I just looked on the Schecter website, it's not a bad looking bass and that black cherry finish is gorgeous!

Yes it is! I love the black cherry finish.

Heading to GC today with my strap to check for neck dive (I hate neck dive). If OK, I believe good things will happen. :thu:

I tried it with strap. No neck dive at all. I just wanted to check it out.

My RIC has serious issues with neck dive to the point where I don't like playing it standing up. I really want to avoid that from happening again, that's all.

The Bass has been aquired and my GAS is in remission. It is a grand instrument.

Thanks everyone for your input!!!

http://mail.blazenet.net/Session/119286-PkpkPtYV0O86cCl1C0V8/WebFile/bass%20in%20hall.jpg

I already had the stand.

http://mail.blazenet.net/Session/119286-PkpkPtYV0O86cCl1C0V8/WebFile/bassinhallsmall.jpg

How is this? Should be smaller and more appropriate.

I'll try to get better pics of this and rest of collection. I was in a hurry.

Ross, where do you have the pics ?

They have to be hosted online somewhere (I use photobucket), not just on your computer.

If not that, you could email 'em to me, and I'll host 'em for ya.

Lookin' forward to seein' it...

Peace,

wraub

I'm a lot more like I am now than I was when I got here.

Yea. I thought I did have them hosted online. I am using my Webspace that is part of my online service that include e mail etc...

Hummm???

Must be doing something else wrong. They did show up for me on the forum and now they are gone???

Archived