Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Sony to release Trio Of Doom sessions

Jode

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If it is from the live concert I am surprised John has Oked this. He has been quoted as saying that this was the most embarassingly bad concert he has ever played and that Jaco played arrogantly and appallingly - I'll give more details when I find the source.

If it's from some other studio recordings - the that's a nice surprise.

What Phil said. And I am not big on "supergroups" anyway. They never fail to disappoint me.

Someone will buy it and maybe they will report on it here.

I remember reading in Jaco that the Trio Of Doom concerts were a disaster, as Phil said, and all Jaco's fault. I'm hoping this is not one of those, either. Often when you get competing egos under one roof that way, the results are less than satisfying.

"I had to have something, and it wasn't there. I couldn't go down the street and buy it, so I built it."

Les Paul

Tony Williams sounds like a violent, infantile idiot with little or no self-control or perspective. You don't slam people against a wall over music, not if you have any real perspective on life. Maybe you chew someone out if needs be, or just leave if it's all that bad. But disagreements over music don't merit physical violence. Period.

Always remember that you are unique. Just like everyone else.

As I remember it, he was in one of his bad unmedicated phases, and he kept launching into huge distortion and drowning everything else out. I think there was supposed to be some good stuff in between, but on balance, the whole experiment was a disaster.

"I had to have something, and it wasn't there. I couldn't go down the street and buy it, so I built it."

Les Paul

Archived