Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

YouTube - Favorite bass clips

Dr.Suess

• Replies 559
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Watched this about 50 times in the past couple weeks - the Isley Brothers live on Soul Train just killing.

Marvin Isley gets no camera love, because he is a bass player, but I love his arm in the air when he comes back in on 'That Lady'. Who sabatoged Ernie's rig?

FREE RONNIE ISLEY!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ng8n76liv4Y

Last night I watched the Fox Special about Gary Sinise and the great work he has done for our troops all over the world escpeially Iraq. The Lt. Dan Band is much more professional than I had thought. I have watched a few YouTube video's and was very impressed and greatful that some artist are doing so much for our troops.

Here is one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xo9nzg4DPrs

Rocky :thu:

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb, voting on what to eat for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb, contesting the vote."

Benjamin Franklin

Here

Not sure tax evasion is a cause I can get behind....maybe it's just me.

And I'll bet Bernie Madoff, he of the $50 billion Ponzi scheme, doesn't get 3 years in the clink.

Ronnie's got like a 2-year old kid. Yep, at his age! Attaboy Ronnie!

Last night I watched the Fox Special about Gary Sinise and the great work he has done for our troops all over the world especially Iraq. ...I was very impressed and greatful that some artist are doing so much for our troops.

+1, it's pretty cool to have some celebrities slap on body armor and drag themselves out to the sand for us. I didn't get to see the LT Dan Band, but I've seen some other USO shows during my deployments. It is always appreciated.

As for clips, I like watching other bass players work out tunes (I admit it, I get lots of clues this way), and

is
. I can't imagine playing so much using only my thumb.

"Call me what instrument you will, though you can fret me, yet you cannot play upon me.'-Hamlet

Guitar solos last 30 seconds, the bass line lasts for the whole song.

• 2 months later...

Phil the WR track with Vitous shows him playing a blue Precision with all the ash trays still on. Amazing - he looks like he doesn't know where to put his RH.

Ha

Davo

"We will make you bob your head whether you want to or not". - David Sisk

www.myspace.com/davidbassportugal

"And then the magical unicorn will come prancing down the rainbow and we'll all join hands for a rousing chorus of Kumbaya." - by davio

Ah, Michel is one of my favourite players. I've never seen him live. He was fantastic with Sixun (French fusion band); Nguyen Le's Hendrix tribute album and also Salif Keita's Soro. I've chatted with him a few times via MySpace. I'd have to look him up . . let's see . . http://www.myspace.com/michelalibo . . .ah ...nothing in England coming up.

Archived