Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

O.T. Does My Avatar Scare You?

Bottomgottem

Our Budapest-ian bother, Gab, has let me know, in no uncertain terms, that my avatar (whom I affectionatly call Uncle Brother) is freaking him out. I would like to know if this is a prevailing sentiment here on the forum or am I just wasting bandwidth with the question.
My whole trick is to keep the tune well out in front. If I play Tchaikovsky, I play his melodies and skip his spiritual struggle. ~Liberace

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey Bottom,

I think Uncle Brother's kinda cool in a hillbilly sort of way. Could be Uncle Jed Clampett's brother or long lost cousin. :thu:

I think Gab is just yankin' yer chain. :)

Visit my band's new web site.

www.themojoroots.com

No yankin' chains here, Uncle Brother is definitely freaky. :)

Check out his posture and the way he sits there. And the stare he gives.

But to be honest, i've gotten pretty accustomed to seeing him and would miss him dearly, should he part with us.

Warwick Streamer Jazzman 5, Fernandes LEB-2

Ashdown ABM-300, Ashdown ABM 4x10

Originally posted by Matt W:

UB is ok. Eddie's demon thingy is freaky, but I've got used to it. Some of the crap 0-9 finds and/or creates is a bit freaky, but lately he's been playing nice. I like avatars.

:D

"For instance" is not proof.

What I want to know is who gave you my great-granddaddy's picture? :thu:

Do not be deceived by, nor take lightly, this particular bit of musicianship one simply describes as "bass". - Lowell George

"The music moves me, it just moves me ugly." William H. Macy in "Wild Hogs"

Originally posted by thabottomend:

What I want to know is who gave you my great-granddaddy's picture? :thu:

Your great-grandmammy ;) .

The score is currently 18 to 2 in favor of Uncle Brother and he is "happy as a june-bug trapped in a chicken house", whatever that means.

A little background: Uncle Brother is 32 years old; likes puppies, long walks on the beach, sunsets, and teaching Ashlee Simpson how to dance. He dislikes only two things: those who are intolerant of people from other countries, and Budapest-ians :D (I'm just joking with you, Gab.)

(nod to Austin Powers for the blatant use of the intolerance line)

My whole trick is to keep the tune well out in front. If I play Tchaikovsky, I play his melodies and skip his spiritual struggle. ~Liberace

Originally posted by Bottomgottem:

"happy as a june-bug trapped in a chicken house", whatever that means.[/QB]

That particular turn of phrase would have to be used ironically, because chickens will eat bugs therefore a junebug would not be happy in a chicken coup/hen house. If you meant to be genuine, I think you'd want to say something like, "happy as a fox in a hen house".

Uncle Brother is the king of irony.

He meant what he said and he said what he meant. "We don't know what kind of june-bugs you have in PA., but the chickens don't dare mess with the cruise missiles we have buzzin' around here, whippersnapper. Now, git!"

:D

from Bottomgottem:

A little background: Uncle Brother is 32 years old;
I think UB's fibbin' about his age man.

That beard has to be at least 32 yrs old. ;)

Visit my band's new web site.

www.themojoroots.com

As long as after about 30 seconds he doesn't scream and his eyes don't bug out real big, no, he don't ascare me.

You can stop now -jeremyc

STOP QUOTING EVERY THING I SAY!!! -Bass_god_offspring

lug, you should add that statement to you signature.-Tenstrum

I'm not sure any argument can top lug's. - Sweet Willie

I know people like Uncle Brother.

Kind, good, hearted souls.

Just don't try to steal the spotted hog...

Tenstrum

"Paranoid? Probably. But just because you're paranoid doesn't mean there isn't an invisible demon about to eat your face."

Harry Dresden, Storm Front

Originally posted by Matt W:

UB is ok. Eddie's demon thingy is freaky, but I've got used to it.

Eddie's demon thingy IS Eddie.... :)

Tenstrum

"Paranoid? Probably. But just because you're paranoid doesn't mean there isn't an invisible demon about to eat your face."

Harry Dresden, Storm Front

Eddie being Dave is as confusing as Da LadY In Tha Pink Dress being a guy.

Uncle Brother is ok in my book. He doesn't bother anybody if they don't bother him first. What'd you do to him Gab? ;)

Tenstrum, I loved your old avatar! Why'd you change it?

Originally posted by davio:

Eddie being Dave is as confusing as Da LadY In Tha Pink Dress being a guy.

Tenstrum, I loved your old avatar! Why'd you change it?

Da LadY is a guy?!?! :eek: I should probably pay more attention to the profiles.

In the stretch of geography that that separates Tenstrum and I, the Uncle Brother types are definitely a force to be reckoned with.

jlrush: No fibbin' about his age. He was born with that beard. Life is hard in them hills.

Archived