Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Sad and Devastating day for me (an understatement).

TShakazBlackRoots

God bless you and your family, and the new baby coming. I'll be praying for you.

I agree with dcr - you can mourn, and do so when it's right for you, in the way that fits you.

I like the "he lives on in every note you play" sentiment - special way to move on.

Tom

www.stoneflyrocks.com

Acoustic Color

Be practical as well as generous in your ideals. Keep your eyes on the stars and keep your feet on the ground. - Theodore Roosevelt

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanx all. :thu: Every note I play is definately gonna help. Superb therapy I've already experienced. It's not yet sunk in, fully. Gosh, it's gonna be tough when it finally does. we'll push through....thanx for your prayers.

NB: My mama keeps cleaning the house and 'finding' things to do all over sudden. Must be trying to block out eveything I guess. ;)

TShakaz....

The only thing I might add is while there are certainly times when you need to "be strong" for some one else, make sure you allow yourself to grieve. Whether you manifest your grief by having a good cry or ripping a 64th note solo on your bass, let the emotion come out. Bottling it up is cause for a lot of problems later.

Again.... I'm sorry for your loss.

Lean on your friends here.

Thanx Jack. Incidentally, my late bro was just like that. Always bottling up and being strong for others. We believe he didn't tell us he was ill way earlier as he doesn't like being fussed over! Man, it's a 'curse' always keeping things bottled. It's my vice!

thanx for the advice though.

Psalms 68:4

Sing unto GOD, sing praises unto his name: extol him that rideth upon the heavens by his name JAH. and rejoice before him.

Trust in JAH Shaka,... ask the Great Spirit for the strength, guidance and protection to guide you through these troubled times,and your personal troubled times.

reach into the JAH given talents he has given you and create a masterful bass passage in memory of your brother,and in reverance to our JAH-

and dont feel sorry for your brother, for he is in the bosom of the almighty ,in the garden of the Great Spirit -(according to faith )

one bright morning when all of our works are over were gonna fly our way home -

J.UNITUS

Blessings all.

Incidentally, I have got the most support and encouragement FROM YOU GUYS! :thu: I don't have many people to talk to (if at all) over here. Incidentally, I have developed a speech stummer since last sunday (the day Alexander died). I understand shock can cause something like this :confused: .

Thanks alot all.

Archived