Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

need help with christams GAS

The Fonz

got a $75 gift card to guitar center. have to try to limit my purchase to that as i have limited cash and more christmas shopping of my own to do. as i'm one of those "less is more" signal chain kind of guys, i was thinking about the behringer bddi, kinda give my tone a little boost when the only giutar player in the band is soloing and i need to fill out the sound a little more.

any other suggestions i should check out? other than 5 sets of slinkies?

Eeeeeehhhhhhhhh.

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ooh! This sounds interesting!

"Lush 3-D rotating speaker sounds

Line 6 ToneCore Roto Machine Effects Pedal"

Out of your budget, though, at $120. Not really what you were looking for, either.

[The "buy online" on the GC site took me to MF. Not sure if these are also in the store.]

DigiTech XBD Bass Driver Overdrive Pedal, $79.95

Electro-Harmonix USA Bassballs Envelope Follower Pedal, $78.99

Electro-Harmonix Bassballs, $74.99

Ibanez PD7 Phat-Hed Bass Overdrive Pedal, $49.99

Arion MDI-2 Bass Distortion, $19.99 ($69.99 list; either this thing sux or it's a steal)

Arion MCH-2 Bass Chorus, $19.99 (might as well pick up one of these, too?)

DigiTech BP50 Bass Floor Modeling Pedal, $79.95 (this has a bunch of stuff in one box)

The BP50 gives you the most options on paper, but if it's anything like my BFX-708, not everything is usable in practice.

wow, that bp50 looks pretty sweet. it might be worth it just for the headphone out. anyone know if it's a POS? i seem to remember having an issue with a digitech product in the past, but that might have been a DOD pedal. i can't remember.
Eeeeeehhhhhhhhh.

Originally posted by Matt W:

Originally posted by RicBassGuy:

Ooh! This sounds interesting!

"Lush 3-D rotating speaker sounds

Line 6 ToneCore Roto Machine Effects Pedal" ... at $120.

Do you realize the gear lust you have inflicted on me.
Muhahahahahaha! :D:D:D

Originally posted by Ace Cracker:

wow, that bp50 looks pretty sweet. it might be worth it just for the headphone out. anyone know if it's a POS? i seem to remember having an issue with a digitech product in the past, but that might have been a DOD pedal. i can't remember.

I have the bp80. I don't know if I'd gig with it, but it's fun to play around with at home.
Push the button Frank.

I think one of the guitarists I work with pretty regularly is going to get one of those Line 6 Leslie emulator pedals.

The other night he was getting a beautiful Leslie sound and it was some ancient chorus pedal...he's one of those guys who appears to have a pile of junk on the stage all duct-taped together and yet he gets a great guitar sound. (he looks that way, too, like he was duct-taped into his suit and thrown up on stage). But he's a great musician.

Archived