Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

pedals from the 80's

espowari

Sigh - I saw what my original Ibanez yellow flanger is going for ...the one that I sold for $10 a few years back.

Anyhoo - my question is this; back in the day, there were these black and chrome pedals that were stereo, and designed for bass. Any idea what these were? Expensive at the time, but maybe not today.

E

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

I figured it out! My sister gave me a "Guitar World" mag with CD ROM for Christmas - - she figured I had all the bass magazines. Anyhoo the pedal I was looking for is featured as an effects manufacturer on the CD ROM!

T.C. Electronic.

Originally posted by espowari:

Sigh - I saw what my original Ibanez yellow flanger is going for ...the one that I sold for $10 a few years back.

Anyhoo - my question is this; back in the day, there were these black and chrome pedals that were stereo, and designed for bass. Any idea what these were? Expensive at the time, but maybe not today.

E

Electroharmonix Dr Q/Bassballs?

Geoff

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the World will know Peace": Jimi Hendrix

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=738517&content=music

The Geoff - blame Caevan!!!

Interesting that this came up just now...

I just came back into posession of a couple "vintage" pedals:

a 1979 Mutron envelope filter (still in the box!)

a 1979 mxr micro amp (in the box!)

a 1980 mxr graphic eq (the blue one, in the box!)

a 1980 memory man (you guessed it, in the box!)

a 1984 Rat pedal (chewed to death)

Can you say "e-bay?"

\m/

Erik

"To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence; supreme excellence consists of breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting."

--Sun Tzu

My guitar player had a Zoom 505 and wanted to step up to something better. We went shopping, but prior to that he found a blue chorus pedal from back in the 70s. The guy in the store (a friend) said that he didn't have any chorus pedal that would sound as good as the old thing. And it does sound great!

Tom

www.stoneflyrocks.com

Acoustic Color

Be practical as well as generous in your ideals. Keep your eyes on the stars and keep your feet on the ground. - Theodore Roosevelt

Archived