Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

How would you rate Carvin

Stackimo

Originally posted by lug:

Originally posted by a1bassguy:

I own a Carvin BB-75 - Bunny Brunel 5 string and it feels really nice. High quality, American-made, and a good deal. It has the wide-spacing and offset countoured neck which feels very comfortable. I also like the wide range of sounds that I can get from the pick-ups, coil split, and active pots. The neck-through and string-through features add alot of sustain.

I bought it based on my previous experience trying a Carvin guitar, which was a very well made instrument and left an impression on me.

Just bought a BB75 last week off of Ebay, lovin' it!
I thought that was you!

I was watching that one too.

Have you recieved it yet?

Nothing is as it seems but everything is exactly what it is - B. Banzai

Life is what happens while you are busy playing in bands.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by basshappi:

Originally posted by lug:

Originally posted by a1bassguy:

I own a Carvin BB-75 - Bunny Brunel 5 string and it feels really nice. High quality, American-made, and a good deal. It has the wide-spacing and offset countoured neck which feels very comfortable. I also like the wide range of sounds that I can get from the pick-ups, coil split, and active pots. The neck-through and string-through features add alot of sustain.

I bought it based on my previous experience trying a Carvin guitar, which was a very well made instrument and left an impression on me.

Just bought a BB75 last week off of Ebay, lovin' it!
I thought that was you!

I was watching that one too.

Have you recieved it yet?

The lefty one? Got it and already knocked the nut off, reversed it, and kicked out an mp3 of one of my favorite Tony Levin lines (at a high Lug Suck level, of course).

http://users3.ev1.net/~woodd/bunny1.jpg

http://users3.ev1.net/~woodd/huntforexposure.mp3

First 5 string song I ever remember hearing.

You can stop now -jeremyc

STOP QUOTING EVERY THING I SAY!!! -Bass_god_offspring

lug, you should add that statement to you signature.-Tenstrum

I'm not sure any argument can top lug's. - Sweet Willie

Originally posted by greenboy:

I love that top and finish, looks vvvvvviewtiful! But ... are those frets?

When I even reach for my fretless carvin, my dog gives a lonesome howl and flees the room. :(

You can stop now -jeremyc

STOP QUOTING EVERY THING I SAY!!! -Bass_god_offspring

lug, you should add that statement to you signature.-Tenstrum

I'm not sure any argument can top lug's. - Sweet Willie

Well then, perhaps it serves a useful function. Got to take that outside and help the animal control people. Drive the packs through the 'burbs like a tribe of beaters feeding the sights of the Great White Hunter.

It's well known that I was a Carvin endorser for many years. I'm not an official endorser now because my job makes it inappropriate to have this type of relationship with manufacturers anymore.

That said, the reason I stuck with them for all those years was I love the basses. I still play them all the time. My BB76 is the perfect instrument for me, great B stringfor those who say it can't be done 34" scaleyou're wrong! I prefer the narrower string spacing for the chordal technique I use. I also have a BB75 fretless that rivals anything on the market.

Like any production line instrument, some are okay, some are good, and some are exceptional. For me it was a matter of learning which options would create the instrument that suits my needs.

They don't have the snob appeal of other axes, and the resale may not be great, but - as a player, they are terrific basses.

Archived