Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT- a man's dream gig

bassaddik

this is the kind of email i like getting!

"Depart Las Vegas Saturday October 8 at 8:00 AM Southwest #931 Arrive Burbank at 9:00 AM (I suggest you get to the airport in plenty of time as Saturday seems to be an especially busy day) there will be a van to pick you up and transport you to the Playboy Mansion. Sound check will be about 10:00 -11:45. The show starts at approximately 4:15 PM, "

this will be a first- playing at the Playboy Mansion with Sheena Easton this Saturday- should be a titilating experience! ;) ~

... don't hate me!

Praise ye the LORD.

....praise him with stringed instruments and organs...

Let every thing that hath breath praise the LORD.

excerpt from- Psalm 150

visit me at:

www.adriangarcia.net

for His glory

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A Bond Girl!

Keep your eyes on the music stand, instead of what you'll be seein' 2 inches above it.

Lessee...you know the arrangement to: "My baby takes the mornin' train?"

All kiddin' aside, you are right. A dream gig.

Yep. I'm the other voice in the head of davebrownbass.

Originally posted by Dave Brown:

Lessee...you know the arrangement to: "My baby takes the mornin' train?"

All kiddin' aside, you are right. A dream gig.

with all three live version modulations! ;)

Praise ye the LORD.

excerpt from- Psalm 150

visit me at:

www.adriangarcia.net

for His glory

I'd like to read a long summary of that gig. Every tiny detail included, no matter how irrelevant it may seem. Doesn't even have to be bass-related...and dont forget the pictures.

Warwick Streamer Jazzman 5, Fernandes LEB-2

Ashdown ABM-300, Ashdown ABM 4x10

Ummmm....I suggest we take up a donation to buy him a video camera as long as he agrees to share the footage from the gig......

Tenstrum

"Paranoid? Probably. But just because you're paranoid doesn't mean there isn't an invisible demon about to eat your face."

Harry Dresden, Storm Front

I just have to ask...

Originally posted by bassaddik:

...Sound check will be about 10:00 -11:45. The show starts at approximately 4:15 PM...

...are you expected to do anything in between? :D

PS: don't forget your swim trunks, you might want to visit "the grotto"...

I feel awkward saying it as a heterosexual male but especially after seeing a few episodes of "Girls Next Door" I really have no desire to meet any of the women at the Playboy Mansion.

It'd still be a helluva story to tell! Enjoy it Adrian.

Sheena is way cool. She has been a lot of fun to hang with on the road, she looks and sounds great.

I am very fortunate, and today has been an exceptionally blessed day... more on that later..

Praise ye the LORD.

excerpt from- Psalm 150

visit me at:

www.adriangarcia.net

for His glory

I've spun past that Playboy "Girls Next Door" TV show a time or too. I felt exactly the same; Most of the time I don't have time for jiggly vapidity.

Still, what else did you expect?

I really liked Sheena's original look back in the 80's. It seemed like she's been "produced" into looking more and more artificial. That's always bothered me a bit.

I've always felt she was very talented, and didn't really need the spikey hairdo to get attention. However, the world is full of people who enjoy jiggly vapidity, and it's pretty hard for a girl to compete with talent against all of that.

Congrats on the gig, Adrian. And to paraphrase a movie quote: "Get out of there . Get out of there as fast as you can."

It seems a lot like a Guitar Center Supercenter for stud-ly men.

Yep. I'm the other voice in the head of davebrownbass.

Originally posted by Dave Brown:

...However, the world is full of people who enjoy jiggly vapidity...

And just where are these jiggly people located at????????? :D;)

~jk~

I think in all seriousness, we are kidding around about the pictures and videos and just want him to have a great gig. It should be tons of fun!

(and if you just so happen to take some pictures and wish to share, PM me...) :)

Tenstrum

"Paranoid? Probably. But just because you're paranoid doesn't mean there isn't an invisible demon about to eat your face."

Harry Dresden, Storm Front

Um, is a sub-bassist needed in case you cant make it? (::grabbing crow bar, watching Tonya Harding/Nancky Kerrigan footage: :)

Playboy mansion, playing on your wood all night, and no one will arrest you! LUCKY!

Seriously, congrats, take pics, especially of any natural redheads that have a thing for short, pudgy, balding bass players in their mid-30's who suffer from asthma problems. Tell them you know their dream date! I'm sure my wife would understand.

"Women and rhythm section first" -- JFP

Originally posted by Tenstrum:

I think in all seriousness, we are kidding around about the pictures and videos and just want him to have a great gig.

Speak for yourself, Tenstrum !!! I want pictures, dammit :D

Originally posted by bottle12am:

take pics, especially of any natural redheads

See now THAT's more like it :D

Go and make us proud, dude :thu: ... and take pics :D

"I'm a work in progress." Micky Barnes

The Ross Brown Shirt World Tour

to be honest and serious for a second...

the whole Playboy Mansion thing is pretty cool, but I am not impressed with the Bunny Mentality, so it's just a goof to me..

fact is , I play every note for the glory of God, always.

God who has been so wonderful to me, answering prayers and always keeping me in His light.

There is another blessing which I cannot divulge at this time, much greater than a Playboy mansion gig! I will share with my bass brothers when I can..

and of course, I will try to get pictures!

Praise ye the LORD.

excerpt from- Psalm 150

visit me at:

www.adriangarcia.net

for His glory

Archived