Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Acoustic Bass

sledgehammer

At the Summer NAMM show, I played an acoustic bass made by L. Benito guitars. I have been looking for one for quite some time and this is the first one I have found that is worth a squirt.

The company makes handmade guitars out of this crazy thousand year old wood from South America, which must be one of the reasons this bass was so awesome.

Has anyone else played one or know where I can get one? I wanted to buy it at the NAMM show but they needed the model for demonstration.

PLEASE HELP!

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh, Sledgehammer- a sneaky way to get past the spam-detector. Still, do you recognize... this?

http://www.musicplayer.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?/ubb/get_topic/f/19/t/013070.html

Wonder if/when we'll see you next...

If you show up again, with real questions and info, great! We welcome that. Not too keen on the ham-flavored gelatin product.

"Am I enough of a freak to be worth paying to see?"- Separated Out (Marillion)

NEW band Old band

You can stop now -jeremyc

STOP QUOTING EVERY THING I SAY!!! -Bass_god_offspring

lug, you should add that statement to you signature.-Tenstrum

I'm not sure any argument can top lug's. - Sweet Willie

Sledge (& mods),

Leaving the other (guit*r forum) thread on the forum will help to boost the google ranking of the web site. Leaving this one here shouldn't do too much damage. Craig Anderton over at SSS on harmony central (you should be able to google that) has started a "pro user review" thing that allows writers/musos to use a forum format to do interactive reviews. If you PM the mods they could probably recommend some people to send a demo bass to. SteveC for example has posts constant reviews of various pieces of gear -- I can only assume he's getting given them by the manufacturer!

A man is not usually called upon to have an opinion of his own talents at all; he can very well go on improving them to the best of his ability without deciding on his own precise niche in the temple of Fame. -- C.S.Lewis

Thanks for the heads-up, Danzilla. Let's me try out my latest SPAM reply inspired by the Movie Quote Game .

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v506/atmofmn/Bass/SpamPeople.jpg

Det. Thorn: It's people. SPAM is made out of people. They're making our food out of people. Next thing they'll be breeding us like cattle for food. You've gotta tell them. You've gotta tell them!

Hatcher: I promise, Tiger. I promise. I'll tell the exchange.

Det. Thorn: You tell everybody. Listen to me, Hatcher. You've gotta tell them! SPAM is people! We've gotta stop them somehow!

ATM

Archived