Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Finally, the last system I'll ever need

ZeroXtrem

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Congrats on the rig.

Be prepared to have pretty much every soundman hate you, though. The rig he sees will be his first impression of you, and he'll instantly think you're a wanker. Do your best to convince him that you're not.

For a couple of years the only cab I giged with was an 8X10. I drug that thing around everywhere, even coffehouses. Oh, those were the days before a 4X10 or 1X12 was sufficient for me. By the way you made a good decision going with the Megoliath, not only does it sound great but it is one of the easiest 8x10s to move around.

Originally posted by ZeroXtrem:

... the last system I'll ever need

Are you sure, maybe one day you'll need a small combo. Or maybe you'd want to go for an all tube amp. Maybe you'll need something smaller to carry, say 2 410's. :D
Hiram Bullock thinks I like the band volume too soft (but he plays guitar). Joe Sample thinks I like it way too loud (but he plays piano). -Marcus Miller

the last system I'll ever need
I've said that at least seven or eight times in my life. But then again, I started doing this about 20 years before you were born, Mitch. ;)

But then again we seem to be ragging on you, we should be congratulating you!

:idea:

Make the lead singer help you carry it up two flights of stairs! :evil:

Nice purchase!

:love:

Everyone should own an SVT at least once in their life!

Completely unrelated to this post and closer to the "last rig Chrisofdoom will need" I am seriously considering the possibility of an SVT-CL head through an Accugroove El Whappo. Anyone else think that kind of rig would be enough to knock down a small club or 2? Lets see now I just need about 3 grand to make it happen.......

At the price the svt-cl sells for you could pick up a used aguilar db750 like the one at bass nw right now..selling for 1600

http://bassnw.com/images/Used%20Amps%20and%20Cabs/Aguilar%20DB%20750.jpg

I would definitely go for the aggie over the ampeg...and I have!

I bet the aggie would sound sick paired up with that accugroove...maybe you should rob a bank and let us know how that combo sounds :thu:

Hiram Bullock thinks I like the band volume too soft (but he plays guitar). Joe Sample thinks I like it way too loud (but he plays piano). -Marcus Miller

And as long as we're talking about accugroove, aguilar, and BIG rigs...i though I'd share what I found while I was browsing on another forum...

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a101/Nasrinb/acuuaggie.bmp

Originally posted by jeremy c:

the last system I'll ever need
I've said that at least seven or eight times in my life. But then again, I started doing this about 20 years before you were born, Mitch. ;)

But then again we seem to be ragging on you, we should be congratulating you!

:idea:

Make the lead singer help you carry it up two flights of stairs! :evil:

Nice purchase!

:love:

yea our lead singer is already complaining but my band keeps forgetting, yea it big, yea it can turn ur heart to jello but its still lighter then our drummers stands once in the skb

Archived