Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Haven't posted in a while?

_Sweet Willie_

Well, here's your chance!

There's a few folks I haven't seen for a while on the board. If you're lurking, I'm just curious to know how you're doing.

music-man: You out there, man? Howz the Warwick fretless treating you? Now that I'm back east I'd love to catch one of your gigs.

Pernax: You popped in briefly a little bit ago. Just curious how Helion is doing. New material? Gigs?

Dave Martin: You haven't been around in quite some time. I did recently visit the Java Jive Studios website, and think y'all are doing a really nice job at presenting what you do and what you offer. I'm going to guess that you're not even lurking -- but who knows?

robb.: You've dropped in on a couple of threads -- NAMM comes to mind, although I think you mentioned no longer being scheduled to attend. What's up in Peavey-town, MS?

Anyway, if you're lurking and haven't posted in a while, please give us a holla and let us know what's up with you these days.

Also, some of the more recently active posters may have some folks they're wondering about, too...

It's all luv.

Peace.

--SW

spreadluv

Fanboy? Why, yes! Nordstrand Pickups and Guitars.

Messiaen knew how to parlay the funk.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd like to add one too.

Lug, if you're out there PLEASE post something! You are soooo inciteful and good looking from what I've been told.

You can stop now -jeremyc

STOP QUOTING EVERY THING I SAY!!! -Bass_god_offspring

lug, you should add that statement to you signature.-Tenstrum

I'm not sure any argument can top lug's. - Sweet Willie

Originally posted by Dr. Sweet Willie:

Lug is a hottie. 'Nuff said. :thu:

Plus, I'd say he's insightful more than he is inciteful. :D

Peace.

--s-uu

So I want to insight a riot? :confused:

I haven't posted in a while. But I've never been a major player here, more of a lurker actually. Recently, I haven't found much to add or comment on,

between the holidays, my broken amp, and other issues, I've been totally uninspired.

I wondered what happened to some folks around here, and I know that some of our friends have passed. Since the great name change of Halloween 2004, I've been totally confused.

Welcome back to those who have returned, smell ya later to those that didn't.

If you think my playing is bad, you should hear me sing!

Last I heard from Pernax, Helion had suffered from a rather sudden break with their lead singer, but fortuitously found a substitute on short notice, who then agreed to become a permanent member of the band. One can only hope that things are continuing to go well, as those guys make some damn good music.

Originally posted by forceman:

He is fine--just doing other things.

He will post again--sometime.

Yes.

hags -- good to see ya'. I don't think I'd read one of your posts in a while.

Who else have we been missin'?

Peace.

--s-uu

spreadluv

One missing sheep reporting for duty, Sir!

All is well in the land of snow and ice, I've just been on Heavy Lurk Mode for a while now. Work and personal development - mainly bass and g****r woodsh®edding as well as floorball have kept my spare time to a minimum. But at least I can browse the forum at work a bit, so I'm not completely out of the loop on what is hip in the realm of the Lowdown.

Band related matters are progressing slowly but steadily, we've been polishing up our live act (with the new vocalist - like Clark said) and writing new material. Also the non-musical aspects of trying to make it in the biz have demanded my attention (a bit more than I'd personally like, but it's the price you have to pay I guess), hopefully in the near future we'll not be as "indie" as we're now...

G A S is as strong as ever, and I might have to turn to you guys for help on a future quest for a good 6-stringer. So get your virtual wallets and cyberspace shopping carts handy, we're going fishing soon! ;):D

-P

(up to 200 characters) You may use UBBCode in your signature.

Originally posted by justinruins:

I haven't posted in a while, in case anyone noticed that the peanut gallery lacked stupidity.

C'mon, now, where's the luv of self?

"Stupidity" or savoir-faire! :D

Nice to see ya', mang.

Peace.

--s-uu

spreadluv

Originally posted by Dr. Sweet Willie:

Still diggin' your red custom darling?

Aye, there's still a lot of diggin' going on. The bass in question is the main tool for all Helion-related tasks. However, my other instruments have also been put to good use - I'm starting to build some confidence with the fretless (which has been one of the best purchases ever - it really gave a lot of new perspective to my playing!), and the Ibenez 6er is getting playtime as well, not forgetting the g****r too.

It's funny how the type of stuff I come up with changes depending on which instrument I pick up from my multi-axe stand - The fretless takes me to a more mellow and moody place, while the 6er produces more "lead bass" type of material (chordal stuff, tapping etc. etc.). The g****r on the other hand has proven to be a worthy addition to the family and has helped me get more of my ideas across when writing new material. Having these different tools also help when I get stuck in a rut, I just change the cards so to speak, and can continue to work without having to force myself to play. Which is nice.

-P

(up to 200 characters) You may use UBBCode in your signature.

Originally posted by justinruins:

I haven't posted in a while, in case anyone noticed that the peanut gallery lacked stupidity.

Don't worry, I covered for ya.

I have been in lurk mode - you gentlemen have to be watched :D

I haven't been posting much because my typing skills are rather suspect and the library here in Vero only lets you stay online for an hour.

Can't wait to get back home.

Originally posted by tnb:

Can't wait to get back home.

What a crock. There's big snow coming this weekend, and New England's tnb is whining about how long he can connect in the library - in Florida.

I feel your pain :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Tom

www.stoneflyrocks.com

Acoustic Color

Be practical as well as generous in your ideals. Keep your eyes on the stars and keep your feet on the ground. - Theodore Roosevelt

Well, tnb, at least your home region's football team, the Pats, are still alive in the playoffs.

Dolphins? Who are the Dolphins?

Jagwires? What the heck are Jagwires? Oh...Jaguars! Just another name for an expensive automobile.

Peace.

--SW

spreadluv

I haven't posted in a while, in case anyone noticed that the peanut gallery lacked stupidity - justinruins .

Don't worry, I covered for ya. - lug
You and me both lug. Don't get me wrong. That's not to say that I am considering myself anywhere near approaching your level of . . .um . . . never mind.

RhinoRob would be another MIA.

"He is to music what Stevie Wonder is to photography." getz76

I have nothing nice to say so . . .

Archived