Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

I guess I'm a war mongering sexist

73 P Bass

Well, I've been demoing a Schecter for some time now, and have decided to keep it.

It's a California Custom 4 string. Quilted maple over alder with a rosewood fingerboard, emg pickups and an active eq.

Very well made, with a wide range of tones. I especially like that it is a35" scale; I like the extra tautness of the strings.

This must be last years model, because the controls were not wired according to the website, but they are a better layout if you asked me (master volume, pickup pan, bass boost/cut, treble boost/cut).

There is a problem with the treble control; it only seems to boost, and at high levels is kind of hissy. That's ok because I think it sounds best completely off.

Disclaimer!: My best friend is a Schecter rep.

Also, I must be missing something, because the only women I see on the website are cartoons that are not dressed terribly provocative; Jesse on Pokemon shows more flesh!

"Start listening to music!".

-Jeremy C

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by 73 P Bass:

Also, I must be missing something, because the only women I see on the website are cartoons that are not dressed terribly provocative; Jesse on Pokemon shows more flesh!

You're right!

http://www.schecterguitars.com/images/menus/navtop_girls.gif

vs

http://www.pojo.com/cartoon/Bios/jesse.jpg

"For instance" is not proof.

I'd have liked my Schecter a lot more (I had the neck through cherry curly maple top) if it had the wiring config you mentioned. As it is, I gave it to my son for his 18th birthday, along with a 1994 Dakota Club Cab. It was my first and only 5, and he loves it. I only had 3 gigs on it.

As far as being a war-mongering sexist...I dunno. We all have our bad days.

"Let's raise the level of this conversation" -- Jeremy Cohen, in the Picasso Thread.

Still spendin' that political capital far faster than I can earn it...stretched way out on a limb here and looking for a better interest rate.

I love my Stilleto Diammond Elite 5 String. One of these days I'm going to order the 8 string. I really like the Schecter products and the fact that they offer most of their instrumentleft handed.

Now if you'll excuse me, I've got to go to the kitchen and ask my wife were she put my latest issue of Soldier of Fortune. :D

Nothing is as it seems but everything is exactly what it is - B. Banzai

Life is what happens while you are busy playing in bands.

Originally posted by WCunha:

I'm glad to hear that a war mongering sexist such as yourself found a good instrument. What EMG pickups are in that male shovanistic bass? ;)

I'm not sure what model they are; they are "J" style without exposed poles.

And Ace, babies are especially tasty after kicking a kitten into a homosexual. But I just live in the richest state...

-Jeremy C

Geez, guys! Let's just say what we are meaning to say. It's a Red State Bass! Now all we have to do is come up with the official "Blue State Bass" and then another one for the rest of us.

...but no puppy kicking! I can't abide kicking puppies.

...just when you think it's safe to go back into the water.

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

Originally posted by basshappi:

I really like the Schecter products and the fact that they offer most of their instrumentleft handed.

AGREED!

HOW LONG MUST THIS LEFTY OPPRESSION GO ON! :mad:

****makes picket sign...marches in front of Lakland factory*******

You can stop now -jeremyc

STOP QUOTING EVERY THING I SAY!!! -Bass_god_offspring

lug, you should add that statement to you signature.-Tenstrum

I'm not sure any argument can top lug's. - Sweet Willie

Don't feel bad, '73. I passed a Red Cross building the other day, & written on the front was "Support our Troops and Their Families." And this was on big banner, out in the open, in public mind you, for all to see, no shame at all. Scandalous.

I passed it while on my way to the museum, & they had titties all over the place in there. Some of them were even naked! Shocking.

Still, to each his own. All my basses are Libertarians.

Originally posted by dcr:

Don't feel bad, '73. I passed a Red Cross building the other day, & written on the front was "Support our Troops and Their Families." And this was on big banner, out in the open, in public mind you, for all to see, no shame at all. Scandalous.

I passed it while on my way to the museum, & they had titties all over the place in there. Some of them were even naked! Shocking.

Still, to each his own. All my basses are Libertarians.

:D:D;)

-Jeremy C

Archived