Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

My Nordstrand NJ5 Deluxe is done!

_Sweet Willie_

Carey has completed building the Fish o' Luv! :love:

I will certainly give a report once I receive it and have played it non-stop for several hours.

Exciting times for me. :D

I will certainly share The Luv at a future LDL gathering. (And, yes, tnb, I will bring it up to Providence if I make it there this spring.)

I know there's already a thread about this bass with a ridiculous number of posts on it (thanks, Jeremy, for pointing that out ;) ), but I figured it was time to get a fresh start.

Peace. :cool:

--SW

spreadluv

Fanboy? Why, yes! Nordstrand Pickups and Guitars.

Messiaen knew how to parlay the funk.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Damn! :eek:

That is beautuful. Yeah, bring that to Providence, we'll take it for a test drive. I may as well start sending Carey $$$ right now.

I may have to give up beer :cry: , I promised my wife a vacation this year

OK Sweets, stop right there!

It says right there on the site that that bass belongs to someone named William... :)

That is a seriously good looking fish. Should deliver you many fine scalar adventures in the deep down deep down, LowDown style.

I look forward to, uh, seeing it in person. It's like a star already, what with all these posts, and threads, and links, and whatnot.

Yeah, seeing it, that's all... :D

Peace,

wraub

I'm a lot more like I am now than I was when I got here.

Great question, C Alex.

I'm thinking Glide (by Pleasure), then maybe School Days followed by Donna Lee , just to see if it's playable. Or you could go the Portrait of Tracy/Run For Cover route.

Anybody else?

I am sooooo jealous right now.... :cry:

I'd really like to try on of those Single Cuts. I like to play on those high frets quite often.

Tenstrum

"Paranoid? Probably. But just because you're paranoid doesn't mean there isn't an invisible demon about to eat your face."

Harry Dresden, Storm Front

I decided to get away for a few minutes. I volunteered to do a 30 song Christmas set, with a band for the first time. Now...I guess a can dream of one of those basses, instead of transposing chord charts into 3-4 different key signatures (each song)for the singers that can't do their jobs! It's all scribbling! I thought I was past this years ago. Welcome back...huh.

Nice...Very Nice!

Vince

"Every child is an artist. The problem is how to remain an artist once he grows up." ~ Pablo Picasso

Originally posted by 57pbass:

Very beautiful instrument Willie.. you deserve that bass...

Happy Holidays and we all look forward to the reviews....

When will be able to touch it?

Dan, you have to do the math...

Arrival time + wow-factor time+ break-in time+ annoy the neighbors time+ the family-time-vs. bass-time-talk time+(hopefully)clean-up time plus...

I'm just saying, it could be a while.

Peace,

wraub

I'm a lot more like I am now than I was when I got here.

Congrats! shes gorgeous and you wont belive how well it will play! now that your is done, maybe i can get Carey to finish mine.

;)

enjoy her!- Merry Christmas

Praise ye the LORD.

....praise him with stringed instruments and organs...

Let every thing that hath breath praise the LORD.

excerpt from- Psalm 150

visit me at:

www.adriangarcia.net

for His glory

I guess i came back at the right time, While the Willie is away the 'fro will play (bass)

Nice to see you all again.

Nic

"i must've wrote 30 songs the first weekend i met my true love ... then she died and i got stuck with this b****" - Father of the Pride

Wooowwwwww!!!!

Congratulations!

It's abso'freakin'lutely BeauTiFul!!!

:love:

Jim

{FYI: LowDowners - (Martha Stewart Tip):

A good quality "Wet/Dry Vac" will elliminate any excessive drooling from a computer keyboard, if attended to promptly.}

Jim

Confirmed RoscoeHead

Wow! Truly, an inspirational thing of beauty.

What a way to get your love into the ears of the world.

Treat it well, my friend.

"Let's raise the level of this conversation" -- Jeremy Cohen, in the Picasso Thread.

Still spendin' that political capital far faster than I can earn it...stretched way out on a limb here and looking for a better interest rate.

I'm really loving those wood pickup covers and the knob layout. It accentuates the curve of the body.

And that chrome is very nice looking too. Especially those tuners. :love:

http://www.briantimpe.com/images/LDL/dots/blue.JPGhttp://www.briantimpe.com/images/LDL/dots/black.JPGhttp://www.briantimpe.com/images/LDL/dots/fuscia.JPGhttp://www.briantimpe.com/images/LDL/dots/grey.JPGhttp://www.briantimpe.com/images/LDL/dots/orange.JPGhttp://www.briantimpe.com/images/LDL/dots/purple.JPGhttp://www.briantimpe.com/images/LDL/dots/red.JPGhttp://www.briantimpe.com/images/LDL/dots/yellow.JPG

Got the bass yesterday. :cool:

Don't have time to write a full report now, but I'll fill y'all in with details in a couple of days.

But, for now, I will say this:

Ka-POW!!! :freak: This bass kicks major azz! Carey is the master! :thu:

Merry Xmas to me! ;):D

Happy Holidays to all!

Peace.

--Willie

spreadluv

Thanks for the brief update Willie, I'm surprised you were able to take yourself away from the Fish to even post that much ;) . Enjoy enjoy enjoy!

-P

PS. I'll PM you my shipping details later regarding my "hands-on" inspection and review of the new Fish, just to get another opinion ya know...

(up to 200 characters) You may use UBBCode in your signature.

Originally posted by tnb:

I practically insist on a better review than this, Sweets.

Patience, Young Grasshopper, a thorough review will come soon. There's a little more below to wet your whistle.

I might have a couple of sound clips after tomorrow. We'll see.

Originally posted by tnb:

Now put the bass down and fill us in.

I'd rather not put the bass down. Any free moment I've had this holiday without family or Christmas obligations I've used to explore the capabilities of the FoL.

Quickly, I'll add a little teaser:

1. This bass is surprisingly lightweight. Feels great on the strap and in my lap.

2. It looks better live than it does in those really nice studio photos on Carey's site.

3. It sounds great without turning any of those numerous knobs (except volume so you can hear it!).

4. Pulling out the passive tone knob changes Carey's "Fat Stack" 'buckers into large single coils. Those large single coils sound HUGE. This is a great feature with these pickups.

5. A lot of definition and clarity to the sound of this bass.

6. Between the passive tone knob and the OBP-3 active EQ there is quite the endless supply of sounds and tones.

7. The neck is the best I've ever played. Ever. Really comfortable.

I'll try to write more when I come up for air once again.

Peace.

--SW

PS: Juan Nelson's line from Ben Harper's tune "Fight for Your Mind" was the first I played on the new bass.

spreadluv

tell me about that neck!

man, those Nordstrand necks almost make me feel guilty- they play so amazingly easy , it's like I'm cheating.

i get a kick out of reading people's first Nordstrand experiences.

Congrats again!-

Praise ye the LORD.

....praise him with stringed instruments and organs...

Let every thing that hath breath praise the LORD.

excerpt from- Psalm 150

visit me at:

www.adriangarcia.net

for His glory

Archived